Chapter 18: No Excuse

It was nighttime and I still wasn't released from the Hospital Wing. I sat curled up in my bed, putting my chin against my knees as I held them close to my body. What happened today was something that absolutely terrified me. 

Lucius was trying to get to me by invading my mind, and the bad thing was that it worked. He terrified me with what he tried and I don't know how he did it either. How was he able to get inside my mind? I had no idea and knowing that I don't know scares me even more. I'm bait for him whenever he wants to torture me.

With a long sigh, I came out of my thoughts, looking around to see Madame Pomfrey already out of the premises, indicating she had already gone to bed. Taking a deep breath, I lay down, letting it out as I feel the aching in my body as I move. How I was so sore from just having my mind invaded I didn't know, but I wanted to put an end to this. 

After what seemed like hours and hours of thinking of different ways to keep Lucius out of my head, I finally got so tired that I drifted into a semi-peaceful sleep.

***

I woke up to the sound of the doors to the Hospital Wing being thrown open, making me jump in my bed before scrambling to a sitting position, looking over to where the doors were, my eyes widening in shock and my heart stopping as I saw who was coming into the Wing.

Draco was being half-dragged by Professor Snape until Madame Pomfrey began to panic, running over to the pair and helping Snape lead him to a bed. "What happened?" Madame Pomfrey asks and Snape frowns slightly.

"It seems Potter cursed him." he says and I freeze, looking down at Draco and feeling all the air being sucked out of me. He was completely covered in blood and had slashes on his chest that looked like they had been halfway mended, most likely by Snape as a quick fix.

"Goodness. I don't know what's gotten into everybody lately. Don't worry Professor, I'll have him fixed up." she reassures him and he gives her a curt nod before finally noticing me in the bed. "Miss Crowe." he says in a guarded voice and I felt something stir inside me that I hate to feel: anger.

"What did Harry do to him? Why? Where is he?" I ask in a heated voice and Snape shakes his head. "I am dealing with him, Miss Crowe. Don't get so riled up. Potter will indeed get what he deserves for such an attack." he says and before I can yell at him for not answering my questions, he turns around and sweeps his cloak behind him, stalking out of the room rather angrily, but I doubt his anger is at me.

I began to get up from my bed but Madame Pomfrey halted me. "No, Elena, you are not released yet, you need to stay put. Just wait until I finish with Mr. Malfoy before you do anything." she scolds me and I let out a huff, sitting on my bed and brooding over what possibly could've come over Harry to do such a thing like this. The more I began to think about it, the more infuriated I became.

It took Madame Pomfrey two hours to get Draco into a state where he wasn't in atrocious pain. He was going in and out of consciousness and I got out of bed, ignoring Madame Pomfrey's rebuke, and kneeled down by his bedside. 

His eyes fluttered open before seeing me and he let out a raspy breath. "Elena." he whispers and I grip his hand, giving him a small smile. "It's okay, it's going to be okay." I murmur and he tries to say something else but before he could he passed out, making my heart clench up.

"Is he okay? Is it bad for him to pass out?" I ask in a panicked voice and Madame Pomfrey leads me away from his bed, shaking her head. "No, he needs to rest. You, on the other hand, are free to go. I'm sure you're still a little sore from what has happened, but I don't think soreness is a reason to keep you in here. You can go, just don't do anything rash." she says, obviously seeing my state of anger at the moment.