Chapter 24: Discouraging Factors

It's been a day or two since Draco and I talked everything out in the Room of Requirement. Since then, I've been feeling loads better about the prophecy. Draco also seems more at ease about his situation as well.

Above all, our bond has been strengthened even more. 

Ever since Draco comforted me after Lucius's last attack on my mind, we've become closer to one another. The fact that both of us were willing to go to extremes for each other meant something to both of us. Neither of us had had someone like that in our lives before, which to me made it even more special to the both of us.

As the day wore on, I let out a sigh. Today's classes were going by extremely slow. Seeing as the only thing we were doing were studying for exams, it was a bit of a bore to go over the same material in half of my classes.

Herbology was the most tedious, seeing as we had to cover all of our old material again, including the ever so fun Venomous Tentactula. It brought up bad memories from the first time I dealt with them, including the terrifying dream I had of Draco as one of these creatures. 

It still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

When we finally got out of Herbology, I let out a relieved sigh, quickly getting out of the greenhouse and breathing in the fresh, clean air. I let out a shiver and shook out my limbs, still trying to get the feeling of those nasty tentacles off of me.

As I walked up to the castle again, I couldn't help but look over the landscape of Hogwarts. It really was a beautiful place. So sad, I thought to myself, that this place is most likely going to be a battleground. 

My thoughts were interrupted when a pair of arms snaked around my waist, and I let out a small scream. I whirled around, seeing Draco's amused face and I let out a groan. Just as I had that remembrance of that dumb dream, here he comes after Herbology and does this. 

"You scared me!" I scowl and he chuckles, his arms letting go of me and he stands beside me, the infamous smirk growing on his lips.

"I could tell," he muses and I slightly slap him on the shoulder. "Although, your scream is pretty adorable." he says and my cheeks burn with embarrassment. If only he knew why I had that reaction, he'd be laughing his butt off.

"It just caught me off guard." I mutter defensively and he chuckles, kissing my forehead. "Sure, sure." he mumbles, moving from my forehead to my nose, and then to my lips. I giggled at how cute he was being, but didn't object to the loving kiss he gave me.

"I thought you were in Transfiguration?" I ask when we break away and he shrugs his shoulder. "McGonagall let us out early. She seemed to have her mind preoccupied by something else. Something about covering for Dumbledore or something." he says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't look at me, I have no idea what goes on in that woman's mind." he says and I smile. "No one really does, huh? She's a master, after all." I say and Draco snorts.

"That's one way to describe her." he says and I look at him rather confused. "What else is there?" I ask curiously and a devious smile comes to his face.

"There are a lot of people who call her a Queen." he says and I giggle. Processing the thought, I nod my head in agreement. "Actually, I can see that." I say and he smiles.

"Figures. But she doesn't beat out the princess I have." he muses, winking at me and I roll my eyes. "I'm nothing like a princess." I mutter and he scoffs.

"As if, Crowe. Shall I begin to list everything that makes you a princess?" he asks in a taunting manner and my cheeks grow red again. "No, no, no, it's okay!!" I say hastily and he laughs.