Chapter 27: A Dark Day Indeed

I couldn't find Draco. No matter how hard I searched, I couldn't find him. Hogwarts was a huge castle, but I thought I'd still be able to at least spot the blonde head from the crowd. 

Ragged breaths left my lungs as I continued to sprint. I haven't stopped running since I made the decision to fight for this. My legs ache as I run down the corridors, gritting my teeth together. It doesn't matter what Lucius does. I think. It doesn't matter what happens to me. Draco has to know what I've decided and how I feel. 

I'm done being a coward. I'm done running away from the hardships of life. If I can't face them head on, what type of life am I living? 

I reach the end of the corridor I'm running down, pausing to look around. I gasp for air as I look right and left, trying to decide which way to go. If I tried to go to the Slytherin common room, I'd get tossed out. If I tried to go to the Room of Requirement, it's unlikely Draco would be there the exact same time. 

Where could he be? 

"Elena?" 

I turn around, seeing Hermione jogging up to me, Ginny beside her. 

"What are you doing? You're so out of breath." she comments and I put both hands on her shoulders, startling her.

"Have you seen Draco?" I ask and her eyes widen. 

"I-I thought you two were-" 

Hermione have you seen him?!" I interrupt and she nods, nervous. She points a finger to the left.

"He was near the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom when we passed by there." she says and I pause.

Snape. Of course! He had gone to see Snape.

"How long ago?" I question and she shakes her head.

"I don't know, less than five minutes, I guess." she says and I give her a quick hug before dashing off in the direction she pointed.

"Thank you!" I shout behind me. I didn't have time to explain why I needed to see him, especially since people thought we had broken up for a good reason.

"Come on, Draco, still be there." I whisper, running as fast as my legs would take me. I knew I looked a mess: my hair was falling from the ponytail it was in, I had sweat on my face, and my robes weren't exactly tidy. 

It was no wonder people were staring at me as I ran down the corridor.

I reach Professor Snape's classroom and skid to a stop, looking inside the open door to see if the blonde I sought was inside. Professor Snape was sitting at his desk, a hand on his head. He looked...sorrowful? 

But Draco wasn't in here.

"Professor-" I start but stop, wondering if he would even tell me where Draco would be. However, my mumbled word was heard, and Professor Snape's head snaps up, and he gives me a glare.

"What do you want, Crowe?" he asks and I stop hiding in the doorway.

"Please, Professor. Where did Draco go?" I ask and his eyes widen slightly.

"Why do you need to know, Crowe? You two are done, aren't you?" he questions in a snarky tone and I ball my fists. This was no time for me to get into a fight with him. I had one focus and one focus only right now, and that was to find Draco.

"No, we're not. I need  to tell him something important before I can't find him again." I say, trying not to give away that I know what is happening, but give Professor Snape enough that he might help me.

Snape just narrows his eyes at my response. He's a lot smarter than I often give him credit for. 

"He went off somewhere private." he says and I frown, trying to think of where that would be. "I'm sure you know...exactly where he is." Snape lets on and my eyes widen. I thank Professor Snape before sprinting out of his classroom, hoping I can catch up to Draco.