Chapter 22: Playing the Game

My mind has been in some sort of haze ever since I realized what my prophecy meant. Draco has kept me sane for the most part, but there was just this unnerved feeling in my stomach that wouldn't leave, no matter how hard I tried to get it to go away.

There was something that bothered me even more so than the fact that the discovery of the prophecy basically left me in shambles: Draco was a little more distant as the end of the year drew closer. 

Yes, he was there for me whenever I needed him, but other than that, I hardly saw him. He'd miss class every now and then and when he was in class, he looked absentminded and only halfway paying attention to what was going on. 

I need to confront him about it but I haven't had that chance, since it's been increasingly hard for us to find some privacy since everywhere we seemed to go, curious eyes followed. For some stupid reason we were still the main gossip around Hogwarts and it really beginning to irk me. 

There had to be some place we could go without anyone following us or just watching us from a distance. 

A frown came to my face as I walked down the halls, thinking hard about a place like that where we could go. An arm thrown around my shoulders broke me from my thoughts and I jumped slightly, looking over to see Draco smiling at me from the side.

I instantly returned that smile and let out a sigh. "You scared me." I say and he just shrugs his shoulders. "You're too easy to scare." he teases and I grin. "That's just mean." I retort and he raises his eyebrows.

"Mean? Me? Never." he says sarcastically and I laugh, shaking my head at him. I was about to reply when an idea popped into my mind and my eyes widened. "You okay Elena?" Draco asks worried and I move in front of him before grabbing both of his hands, making him give me a confused look.

"Will you go somewhere with me?" I ask him curiously and he raises one eyebrow. "Why?" he asks and I smile. "I need to be with you privately for a little bit." I say in a low voice and Draco's eyes flash with surprise. "And may I ask what you have going on in that devious little mind of yours?" he asks, bringing my hands up so that I was brought closer to his face.

My cheeks blushed as I realized how bad that sounded, and I glanced over, seeing a few people giving us wide-eyed looks. "N-nothing bad. I just don't want any prying eyes." I murmur and he chuckles, bringing my hands back down and letting them go.

"Lead away." he says and I grip one of his hands tightly, beginning to lead him down the hallways at a quick pace, hoping to get rid of anyone that may tail us or try to figure out where we're going. "Someone's in a hurry." he mutters and I just nod my head, continuing to navigate through the halls as my memory led me to the place where I first found out what was going on with Draco.

The Room of Requirement.

Draco obviously picked up on where I was heading and I could basically taste his reluctance to go there. "Elena..." he warns but I ignore him, finally stopping at the empty wall, letting go of Draco's hand and turning towards him.

"I want to go in here. No one will be able to disturb us." I say determinedly and he stares at me for a moment before finally letting out a long sigh, nodding to me. "Fine. Hold out your hands and close your eyes." he says defeated and I smile, closing my eyes and sticking my hands out, soon feeling his enclose around mine.

I felt the same rush of movement I had the first time, and I felt a little breathless when I opened my eyes again, seeing the vast room filled with many different things. 

"Now that we're here...are you going to tell me what this is about?" Draco asks and I turn around, seeing him crossing his arms waiting for an explanation.