Chapter 12: Anything Can Happen

It was the next morning after Draco and I had our big talk. The bags under my eyes are unreal because of how much I cried yesterday. I did a horrible job of covering it up with my concealer as well. Detention with Filch was a joke because I just used my wand, since Snape conveniently didn't say I couldn't use it, and cleaned the trophy case within five minutes.

Filch got so angry with me, but I didn't care. I wasn't focused on him. After the talk last night, all I've been able to think about is how guilty I felt for shutting out my emotions. Draco was right; having emotions and caring so much was who I am. I may hate it at times, but I can't really hide who I am. I should've never tried to shut it all out, but I know why I tried. 

As much as I've been hurt, I continue to care. I don't know why, but I do. Maybe that's why I can get through this mess I'm in. Not just because of Draco, but because no matter what happens to me, I always bounce back. It's just that this time, someone noticed and someone actually cares about me, which is something I'm not used to.

I mean, my parents loved me and cared for me, I know they did. But the way they cared for me was much different than the way Draco does. I don't really know how to explain it, because I don't completely understand it myself. But Draco does care for me differently, not like I'm used to at least. I can't put my finger on what it is, exactly, but until I figure it out, it's going to bother me.

But as of now, I was meeting Draco during our free period to ask him what was wrong with him yesterday. He told me he would tell me and I'm not going to stop pestering him until he does. It almost feels as if not a single day went by that we haven't been talking.

That's how good I feel, strangely. I didn't know that one person could affect someone so much. It was extremely worrying to me whenever I realized how much Draco means to me now. Of all people, it has to be him. If someone would've told me that by the middle of the school year, I would be close to Draco Malfoy, the son of the man who killed my parents, I would have recommended they go to St. Mungo's. But...somehow, he broke through every single barrier I put up, dragged me into situations I didn't want to be in, and forced me to become apart of his life, as well as he becomes a big part in mine. 

But the thing is...I don't really mind that he did that. If he hadn't, I don't know how I would've coped with the news of my Aunt and Uncle. I would've just completely shut down and pushed people away, staying by myself the entire year. Although since I've been associated with Draco, I have people coming up to me and talking to me, asking how I am. Hermione Granger is actually my friend now, and she's rooting for Draco and I. Luna is talking to me more as well, same goes to Harry and Ron (which I still don't understand since they don't like Draco). It's mind-boggling for me to think about how one person can change so much about you.

I let out a long sigh, coming out of my thoughts as I turned the corridor, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and adjusting the book bag on my shoulder. Draco said he would meet me here, but I don't see him. In fact, I don't see anything at all, just a blank wall. I'm not near the Room of Requirement, I know that much, so I'm not quite sure what was so appealing to this spot for him.

I turn around, trying to see if he was anywhere in sight, but I didn't see him or anyone else for that matter. I frowned, not knowing what was going on, whenever I felt a hand go over my mouth and an arm come around my waist. I began to struggle until I felt a familiar chuckle in my ear, and I felt irritation spark in me. I was released and I swirled around, glaring at a grinning Draco.

"What was that for?" I ask and he just shrugs. "For my amusement." he says and I give him another glare. "That wasn't nice." I snap and he sighs. "It's just nice having you back to normal..." he murmurs softly and my tense posture loosens as I stare at him.