Chapter 16: The Beginning or The End?

My head was spinning whenever I got up the next morning. Last night was extremely intense, if I do say so myself.

After Draco found me and we talked it out, everything happened in a blur. We were hugging one moment, and then the next, we were discovered by Hermione and Ginny, who were both dragging their dates along with them.

Needless to say they demanded an explanation, Draco told them to get lost, I was blushing like a madman, and sometime between that Harry and Draco started yelling while Fred just looked bored out of his mind. I ended up getting dragged away from Draco by Hermione and Ginny and was forced to give an explanation.

It was an extremely intense night, as I said.

I got up groggily, a little headache forming as I did. I held a hand to my head, letting out a long sigh. It was still hard to believe that I actually figured out that Draco loves me as well. His confession was something that I needed but I didn't expect. To say I was happy would be an understatement.

Also, my stupid and awkward confession was something I still feel embarrassed about. How awkward can one person get?

Just the thought of it makes me blush and I let out a groan, covering my face before huffing. I got out of bed, trying to get rid of the thought, but it just wouldn't go away. I felt a lot lighter today, in a better mood, and a lot...happier.

I got dressed quickly, not wanting this feeling to disappear. Taking a deep breath, I walk out of the girls' rooms and down into the common room. There were about twenty others already there, relaxing and having fun since it was Christmas Break.

"Elena?" one guy I didn't know asked and I turned to him, regretting it immediately. All eyes were now trained on me and they looked shocked. "You and Malfoy, huh?" he asks with a grin and my cheeks get red. I almost forgot that Draco kissed me with everything else that followed after that point.

"Umm, well...y-yeah." I mutter, feeling uncomfortable with everyone staring at me. I heard some giggles from the girls while the guys began to clap and whistle, laughing at me as I continued to get increasingly embarrassed. "Get some, Crowe!" one crooned and my eyes bulged. I dismissed myself quietly and basically ran from the common room, letting out a breath of relief as I closed the door behind me.

I guess there's no way I'm going to be avoiding people, especially with something like that happening yesterday. The thought makes me squirm uncomfortably but I try to shove it aside. I should be happy that Draco loves me and isn't afraid to show it in front of other people. I am happy, I truly am. I can't let people get in the way of that.

With a sigh I go towards the Great Hall, ready to eat some breakfast, whenever I see Harry coming down the hall as well and I feel myself sink. "Elena?" He asks and I sigh, knowing I wouldn't be avoiding him today. "Hi Harry." I say and he comes over to me, a look of surprise on his face.

"Is it true? Is it really true what Ginny told me?" He asks and I mentally scowl at the redhead. I should've known they were going to tell people. "Yes, it's true. I know you may not like him but I do; more than like but you know, I care for him a lot." I say and he nods.

"Yeah, it's just a little hard to accept that Malfoy is capable of something like that." He mutters and I laugh. "He is. He isn't as horrible as you pin him to be, Harry. He's a good person at heart." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "For your sake, Elena, I hope that's true." He says and I sigh.

Harry dismisses himself before going to the Great Hall but I continue to stand in the hallway, my appetite gone. "I do too, Harry." I whisper to myself, knowing that Draco knows all of my secrets, including the weird prophecy that I somehow got stuck with. Shaking my head, I go the way that would normally lead me to Hagrid's hut.

Dumbledore made me visit him a lot at the end of last year and I quite miss the gentle half-giant. We still have another week or so until classes start back up, so I might as well use my free time while I have it.

Once I get outside the castle and onto the path, I notice all the snow that has fallen the past few days. It was completely white, everything covered in the beautiful snow.

Smiling, I take a small detour, going over to one of the stone benches and taking a seat, taking a moment to just sit and enjoy the view. It was all so pretty and peaceful, it didn't seem like war or anything like that was going on. How could something so awful happen where something was so beautiful?

I let out a breath, looking up at the sky as I thought of my family. I was still so devastated about their loss, but having someone to help me cope really has made all the difference. I hate to admit it but Dumbledore was right; I needed to tell somebody and it was Draco. He's really done wonders for me, despite what his father is doing to me.

"And what might you be doing out here?"

I turn at the sound of the familiar voice, a smile coming to my face as I see Draco walking up to me, a smirk on his face. "Just admiring the view." I say and he looks at himself for a moment and grins. "Well I suppose it is a rather dashing view." He says with a wink and I laugh.

"Not you, the snow." I scold playfully and he takes the seat next to me with a laugh. "Ouch, that's harsh." He teases and I grin. "Don't think so highly of yourself." I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"Why do I feel like we've had this conversation before?" He muses and I giggle. "Because we have." I say lightly and he smirks. "Oh yeah, right when you spit on me, how could I forget?" He asks and I blush embarrassed. "That was awful." I mutter, making him laugh before he thinks about it.

"It's still impressive if you ask me." He muses and I scoff. "Well it wasn't really my most ladylike moment, as you so kindly pointed out." I tease and he winks at me. "But it worked. I think that was when it really dawned on me that I kind of fancied you." He admits and my eyes widen.

"When I spit on you??" I ask in a high-pitched voice and he grins sheepishly. "What can I say? I like girls who have some guts to do something risky like that." He says and I shake my head with a smile. "I realized it whenever you saved me on the stairs. I didn't want to admit it to myself at first." I say with a laugh and he chuckles.

"Whenever we first started bickering I thought you were just a fun person to mess with, but soon I really enjoyed our bantering. I didn't want to think it was anything more but that spit did it for me." He says laughing and I groan, covering my face with my hands. "And then Dumbledore came along to make it all worse." He comments and I laugh, looking over at him.

"Yeah, it was like he planned the whole thing." I say and Draco rolls his eyes. "I wouldn't put it past him." He grumbles and I smile.

"But I'm glad for it." I say and Draco smiles at me. "Yeah, I am too. Now we just have to figure out what to do." He says and I nod my head.

"I've been trying to avoid it but I think the prophecy is what is going to help us out in the end." I say and he nods in agreement. "Completely. We need to go look at it soon to try to start figuring out what it means." He says and I nod to him.

"But what about your father? What are we going to do about him?" I ask and his jaw tightens. He stays silent for a moment and I almost regret asking him the question whenever he answers me.

"I guess we'll have to figure that out when the time comes. But I will protect you Elena, I promise. He won't hurt you." Draco says and I give him a smile. The smile fades from my face as a stabbing pain enters my brain and I let out a gasp, gripping my head and startling Draco at my movements. "Elena?" He asks and I try to move but my legs won't work, nothing will.

I fall from the bench to the ground as the pain gets almost unbearable and I try not to scream as tears come to my eyes, the last thing I remember hearing is Draco yelling my name before I pass out.

So so so sorry for not updating sooner!! And yes, but cliffhanger but I will be updating faster than last time. Hope you guys like this chapter!! Please let me know what you think!!