☾dva☽

Song for the chapter: Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

☾☾☾

After his last lesson all Luke wanted was to go home and watch the new episode of Pretty Little Liars.

Walking back to his car, Luke's train of thoughts was interrupted by a weird voice coming from somewhere near him.

Trying to locate the voices he turned to the school's back wall only to see Calum being pushed against the wall by no other than his protector. Red-haired guardian angel, Michael.

Confused and shocked the blond dropped his bag next to his car before running towards the two boys.

The closer he got, the clearer words leaving Michael's mouth were.

"You ever touch his pretty face again I'll break yours into million pieces!" The taller boy was talking fast and Calum looked scared to death and confused.

When Luke finally reached them he grabbed one of Michael's hands, pulling him back enough that Calum could breathe.

"Michael!" He shouted. "Stop! What the hell are you doing?"

The older boy turned quickly to face Luke, completely letting go of Calum.

"Luke..." Michael looked confused. "What do you mean? I... Alex said he saw him tripping you in the hallways."

Now the blond boy wasn't one to overreact but at this point, he was so annoyed and angry he started shouting.

"Michael!"

It was probably the first time Luke regretted the decision of Michael keeping an eye on him.

"We just bumped into each other. It was just as much my fault as it was his!"

The older boy's eyes immediately filled with regret as Luke's filled with tears. He was so fucking mad and he couldn't even bring himself to help Calum off the ground.

"Shit shit shit shit shit!" Michael whisper shouted as he realized his mistake. He quickly picked Calum up and started apologizing to him before turning around seeing his best friend's brother in tears.

"No, no. Luke, please stop crying. I really didn't mean to." Michael was blabbering at this point, trying to think of the words that would fix the situation. He knew he screwed up.

"Please Luke, I thought he was trying to hurt you. Alex said it was someone new at the school and you know I would never let anybody touch you if it wasn't out of love and respect." He reached his hand towards the blond carefully, not wanting to scare him away.

When Luke didn't move away Michael brought him into a hug trying to calm him down.

"I'm really sorry man I have no idea how to make it up to you." Michael apologized again.

Calum picked up his backpack and offered both of them a warm smile. "It's alright really, no hard feelings. I mean it was a clumsy situation and it could easily be misinterpreted as something else. I'm happy Luke has such good friends and I hope I'll become one of them as well."

Michael felt Luke relax in his hold so he let him go.

"Anyway I have to go, my sister is waiting for me. Luke, I'll see you tomorrow in class and Michael, if I remembered your name correctly, I hope we're good too."

Luke quickly hugged Calum and Michael gave him a small nod before he disappeared.

That left Michael alone with Luke, who was still wiping away the remaining of his tears.

"Lukey.,." He started with a voice full of remorse.

"You're so stupid, you know that!?"

Michael tried to reach for Luke again but backed away as soon as the yelling started.

"Michael I am really happy that you are always here for me, protecting me from all these homophobes and jerks, don't think for a second I'm not. But you can't just attack someone because Alex told you he had maybe seen something. You didn't even know what really happened and you almost hurt Calum."

Luke's heart was beating really fast, he wasn't used to screaming, plus Michael's pretty green eyes were begging for his forgiveness.

"I'm so sorry Luke, I really am." He waited a few seconds so Luke was looking him in the eyes. "I know it was stupid of me to just trust whatever Alex said, but you never tell me if people make fun of you or bully you. Luke I'm here for you and you shouldn't be ashamed of having me here to help you. People are rude and you are perfect plus I have certain promises to keep because of your brother. But I'm sorry and I hope Calum isn't too afraid of me now, he really seems like a cool dude."

Luke smiled softly before nodding. "He is. I really think we could become great friends. It'll be fun to actually have a friend in this hell hole."

Michael let out an exaggerated gasp. "And what am I if not your friend? A dinosaur? The mean sister from Cinderella?"

Blond knew his protector was joking but there was genuine sadness prominent in his eyes. To be honest he looked like a kitten, not a dinosaur.

Luke gigged. "No, Jack s the mean sister. You're the Prince that keeps saving me."

Michael smiled widely, making both of them feel a bit better.

All though Luke was still a bit mad at Michael he didn't want to say goodbye yet. He invited him home to watch Pretty Little Liars with him and the older man happily agreed after Luke promised they'll watch The Flash later.

In the end, both of them agreed that Barry was way hotter than Hanna and her crew.

☽☽☽

Let me know what you think. (:

Also, check my story Disconnected because it's super cute.

I hope you're having an amazing day!

Love, Lucija ☽