☾epilog☽

Song for the chapter: 5 Seconds of Summer - Never Be

tw: smut

☾☾☾

One year later

It was Michael and Luke's first anniversary.

If you'd ask Luke to describe the past year in one word, the word would be perfect. To say Michael gave him everything he wanted was a lie, but he made sure he gave Luke everything he needed.

They did so much together, but also grew into individuals they were both proud of.

Michael showed Luke everything he knew about sex and the rest they discovered together. Sex wasn't the most important thing in their relationship but they loved the physical connection between them.

Michael showed Luke what the word love meant and somewhere along the way, between all their all-night talks about their dreams and aspects, Luke started to believe soulmates do exist.

Both of their families accepted their relationship in the best possible way. Jack, of course, gave Michael the if you break his heart speech but welcomed him into the family with a warm hug.

After a while of third wheeling in school, Calum actually found himself a boyfriend, who to Luke's surprise was his good friend Ashton. They did go on a double date once, but Calum quickly called it the last one since the other couple was too affectionate, always kissing and touching each other.

Life was good and Luke couldn't help but smile as he thought of the year behind him.

He and Michael were driving home from their first-anniversary trip. It was getting late and they were both tired, but they still spent the whole ride singing loudly to whatever CD they found.

When they eventually got bored of the current CD, Luke tried to find something else in Michael's messy glove compartment.

"Oh my God!" Luke said way too loud almost making Michael drove off the road.

"Look what I've found!" The blond jumped excitedly in his seat but quickly stopped to fix his skirt that was showing a lot more skin than it should.

Michael smiled and looked at his boyfriend, he saw him holding nothing else but the famous 'Sex CD'. None of them had any clue how it got to Michael's car.

"Should I put it on?" Luke asked, looking at Michael with his pretty blue eyes that made his heart clench.

"Sure. There are great songs on this thing. Great memories too." Michael look at him again sending him a quick wink before focusing on driving again

"I love you." Luke squealed from happiness, his cheeks turning pink from the sweet memories.

"Love you too." Michael grinned, squeezing Luke's free hand in his.

As the sounds of The 1975 filled the car the two continued their talk, they still had a few hours away from home. The sun was slowly going down as the night was approaching.

Luke was humming to Always by blink, one hand taping in the rhythm of the music on his thigh as the other was resting in Michael's. They were a very touchy couple, always kissing and hugging. Luke was very clingy but Michael didn't mind, they kept their affection for when they weren't in public but still always walking hand in hand.