☾pet☽

Song for the chapter: Yellowcard - Only One

☾☾☾

It was a boring day at school, Calum was the only real reason he didn't fell asleep yet.

Luke's day turned to better when he got a text from Michael saying he wants to hang out later that day.

Jack's birthday was in a month and Michael wanted to get him the perfect gift. Both of their families were planning a small get together for that day since Michael's dad and Luke's brother would return.

Michael suggested for them to go to the mall and Luke couldn't wait for the class to be over.

He was sure it was fate how the second he figured out his emotions for Michael, he wanted to hang out with him.

Luke didn't mind at all.

He decided to wait for a few minutes before replying trying not to look too desperate. The blond then remembered Michael could see he had read the text and quickly confirmed their plans.

The blue-eyed boy could barely contain his excitement when he got a reply a second later saying Michael couldn't wait to see him with a wink at the end. It was almost like he picked up on his flirting and decided to flirt back.

Luke will definitely have to test that theory.

He drove home a bit faster than he should, but he needed every extra second he could get. Michael was picking him up in an hour and he had a lot to do.

He had to play tennis in school and just maybe he rubbed half of his makeup off when he fell asleep in his geography class.

Luke showered again deciding on a more subtle look. Some black skinnies and a white band shirt matched perfectly with his faux black flower crown.

He stood by the window waiting for Michael to pick him up. The second he saw a black car turn into his street a big smile appeared on his face and he could swear there were a billion butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

After an amazing afternoon of dad jokes and crusading trough every store possible, they managed to pick up the perfect gift.

Michael wasn't sure at the beginning but after he and Luke took a few cute pictures with the Polaroid camera and found a perfect army patterned album he was sold.

They were sitting in a restaurant sipping on their milkshakes while they waited for their pasta dishes to come.

"Mikey?" Luke asked in a small voice and with a worried face.

"What's up Luke? You don't like your milkshake or something? Wanna trade?"

He thought he was a great actor but the precious smile Michael always had for him made the end of his lips go up.

"No. My milkshake is fine. Thanks though."

"What is it then? You look kinda sad." He reached over the table to grab his hand and squeezed it in an encouraging way. "Luke you know you can tell me anything?"