Medusa? I think not.........

This chapter's name is dedicated to @ShadowFireBall. Thank you for the Medusa idea.

Chapter 4- 

'Okay,' I though. 'Assess your surroundings. Is there a gorgon? A basilisk like the one from Harry Potter? A psycho artist with a passion for sculpturing?' Okay. Now I really was paranoid. Then I started wondering, 'Where was the bell? It should've rung by now.'. Maybe I missed it. I ran off to my classroom to check. I spotted Christina and her friends, sitting next to each other. 'Hey, what's up?'. I sat down next to them. They ignored me. They didn't speak, didn't move, didn't even acknowledge me. 'Er, guys? Whats going on?' I asked. I wasn't that worried. After, Tina was always doing these kind of things. I started to tickle Tina. That usually got rid of Tina's freeze. My hand simply passed through her. Okay. Now I really was worried. I looked around. Everyone I could see was frozen. 'They can't hear you. They're frozen.' A voice behind me said. I turned to see the voice. It belonged to a boy, about my age, with red hair, brown eyes and pretty much no striking features. He wasn't the kind of person you'd see in the street and think 'Yep. That guy knows magic.'. He was the kind of person you'd look over, ignore, and forget about him. 'What did you do?' I asked, scared. 

'What did I do? I certainly didn't do anything.'. He seemed genuinely annoyed at my question.  

'Er, I'm sorry. I can't really believe you. You're the 3rd magician I've met, and the other two are evil.'. 

'Firstly,' He said, stepping forwards a little, 'we prefer being called mages. And secondly, Laura isn't evil.'. 

'How do you know... Oh. Let me guess. Mind reading?'. 

'Nah. I was there when you met her. My name's Timothy, by the way.'. 

'Why does it matter what your name is?'. 

'Because I want you to trust me. We want to help you.'. 

'Who's we?' I asked. 

'That,' another familiar voice said, 'would be me.'. 

I turned around, and saw Laura standing behind me.

'So,' I asked, 'Is this some kind of mexican stand off? Or is it a coincidence that both of you are surrounding me?'. 

'I though you were going to explain it to her.' said Laura. 

'Oy!' I said. 'Don't you start. You were a statue a few minutes ago!'. 

'You were?' asked Timothy.'THAT was you're plan? Remember what happened last time?'. 

'Of course I do!' Laura replied, indignant. 'I'm still picking pieces of granite out of my clothes!'. 

'Wait, what? That was a hoax?!?!?' I answered. 'Do you know how scared I was?'. 

'Great.' Timothy groaned. 'You just got the girl mad. Good on you. Do you know how long it was going to get her to trust me when she's in a good mood? We might as well give up now.'. 

'You weren't doing a good job by yourself.' I muttered. 

'C'mon. I was trying!'. 

'Not hard enough it seems.' Laura muttered. 

'Look, what is this all about anyway? I mean, I'm not that popular.' I said. 

'Funny. You do realize this isn't a comedy show.' Timothy pointed out. 

'Just answer the stupid question!' I shouted. 

'Just do what she said, Timothy! Do you WANT to be stuck on recruitment duty?' Laura asked. I was starting to like her a bit more. A bit. 

'Fine! Sit down though. It might take a while.' Said Timothy. 

We all sat down on the bench, and Timothy and Laura explained their story.

'It all began,' said Timothy, 'long, long ago, in a far away kingdom.'. 

'Riiiight.... you do realise that we aren't talking about Shrek, right?' I pointed out. 

'Fine. So, for some long, complicated reason, you have hordes of demons out to kill you and your sister.'. 

I froze. 'Did you say DEMONS?!?!??!!? And my sister doesn't know about it?'. 

Laura finally spoke up. 'The more Christina knows, the more she's in danger. As it is, you only have two main problems.'. 

'And they would be?' I asked. 

'Well, you know Arex. He's one of them. The other one is called Carter.' said Timothy. 

'Carter. Not really a fear inspiring name. What is he like?' I asked (again). 

'A mass murderer who specializes in black magic, and the like. He hasn't done anything recently, so we're guessing he's spending all his efforts on getting rid of you and your sister. I'm surprised he hasn't made himself known yet.'. 

'What do you mean, hasn't done anything recently?' I asked. 

Laura replied this time. 'He hasn't killed anyone in the last week.'. 

Timothy pulled something out of his jacket. 'Want a chocolate?'.