How long, exactly, has this been going on?

Most of the time, we wish for excitement and unexpected twists in our life. This, obviously, was not the time. In fact, it warrants an award for most annoying thing ever. I trusted that girl, and what, exactly, did she do? Conspire with Arex, that's all. I seriously wanted to start swearing at that point. (A/N: But she won't, in case I offend the readers......)

'What the heck?' I screamed. 'I thought you hated him! He's a demon!'.

'She does.' Arex said, calmly. 'But I'm not a demon. And if you call me that again, you'll be in trouble.'.

'Arex! Don't threaten her!' Laura said, annoyed. She turned to me. 'So... Yeah. Sorry for lying. But we're not evil, like you so obviously seem to think. You've heard of good cop, bad cop? Same theory. We give you a reason to come here, and a reason to not stay behind.'.

'Oh, so Carter's in on this too, is he?'. I felt my blood boiling. I hated betrayal.

Arex shuddered. 'Don't you dare even think that. That guy's a psychopath.'.

Laura glared at him. 'You're not exactly helping. Could you leave, maybe? Otherwise Elliot's gonna hear.'.

'Fine, fine. I'm going. Sheesh.' He turned around, his arms up in the surrender position, and left the room. This was so not the Arex I knew. He would've at least threatened her by now.

'Well, glad that's over. Man, I hate that guy.' Laura said.

Oh really. So, how did they work together then? 'So, why did you kidnap me?'.

Laura looked confused. 'Huh? Kidnap you? Why would we do that? That's just aw.... Oh. Daniel stuffed up again, didn't he. That guy's an idiot.'.

'Excuse me? Who's Daniel? Saviour, I'm guessing.'.

Laura nodded. 'Yeah. He's new here, and he's still trying to work out mind control. He's the only person who can even slightly do a mind wipe. Looks like he went a bit overboard. You agreed to come here, after we supposedly saved after the battle with Arex. Cool skeleton spell, by the way. I'm suprised you can do something that powerful. No wonder you fainted!'.

Wait. That was powerful? 'Oh yeah? Then what's an easy spell for necromancers?'.

She paused for a second, then answered. 'Recreating a zombie from bones you have. Zombies are basic and pretty easy, but you need a corpse on hand. Mummies don't require a corpse, but you do need linen. The corpse will just appear. Skeletons are harder, as the corpses need to be nearby and you are completely reanimating the body. Bringing a human back to life is even harder, so don't expect to be able to do that yet.'.

Wow. How much did she know about necromancy? 'So, are you sure that's what happened?'.

'Yeah. Completely.'.

She seemed like she was telling the truth. If she was lying, then she was a pretty good liar. 'Well, okay. If you're certain.'.

'I am.'. She stood up, and reached out her hand. 'Do you want to meet everyone? I'm pretty sure they want to meet the newest member.'.

'Yeah. Sure.'.

And she lead me out of the room. Just outside the room, Arex was waiting by the door. I could've sworn he smiled when I passed by him. Almost as if he had been eavesdropping. Which he probably had been. Oh well. It's not like I cared what he did anymore. He wasn't any better then me, wasn't a danger to me at all. He was just seriously annoying. I'd love to say some ominous message, like "I couldn't have been more wrong" or something like that. Problem is, I'd be lying.

He was no more powerful then me.

Laura took me to a giant room, colored like the night sky. There were no windows or lamps, but it was well lit and warm. The ceiling almost looked covered in stars. Then I realized the "stars" were LEDs. That would explain the light.

There was a bunch of couches, with five people and one wolf seated on them. Some of them I recognized, like Timothy, Elliot, Kae and Lupa (A.K.A crazy wolf lady). There were two other people, a guy with curly brown hair and glasses, and a girl who looked like a hollywood model, with platinum-blond hair and not a single blemish. She almost didn't look real. She was more like a billboard picture than anything.

'Everyone, meet Sophia. She's our newest member. Sophia, you know most of the people here, don't you?'.

I nodded. 'Everyone except them.' I said, pointing to the geek-guy and the model.

The girl stood up. 'I knew I didn't recognize you! I was wondering why everyone knew you! I'm Savannah. I'm in charge of disguises and whatnot.'.

The guy stood up. 'I'm Daniel. I know you, but I'm guessing you have no idea who I am. Either that, or I stuffed up majorly.'.

I smiled. 'You did. I can't remember anything after the fight.'.

He sighed. 'I was hoping you wouldn't say that.'.

Laura looked around. 'Looks like Arex couldn't be bothered coming. As usual, then.'.

Everyone started to complain about Arex in that moment, which made me feel awkward. Sure, he may have threatened me, attacked me and generally been awful, but did he really deserve this? Really?

I excused myself, and asked where I'd be sleeping.

'Oh! You don't know? Kae, would you mind?' Elliot asked.

She rolled her eyes. 'Yeah, sure. Whatevs. Mariposa?'.

A delicate, ice-blue butterfly fluttered over to me.

'Mariposa, show Soapy to her room.'.

'It's Sophia. Not soapy.'. Did she hate me or something? Probably, but I couldn't tell why.

'Don't care. Never have, never will. Mariposa's already leaving, by the way. Ciao.'.

I ignored her, and ran after the butterfly. (I bet no one was expecting to read that sentence when they started reading this book!). It was, unsurprisingly, faster then me, and I had to sprint to keep up. My room seemed to be on the other side of the building. When I finally reached it, I was blown away. It was so.... Me.

The room was painted ice blue, and there was a pillow with a picture of Zero Kiriyu (A/N Did I spell that right?) on it. The curtains seemed to have roses engraved on the fabric, and my gun was resting on a rosewood sidetable, filled with my favourite novels and magazines. The wardrobe was walk-in, and it was a silver colour that glowed like a rainbow in the light. There were ankle boots, trilby hats, domo headphones..... The list went on. It was like paradise.

There was a note adressed to me resting on the pillow, and next to it was a red, delicate rose, with the stem free of thorns. The handwriting on the note was old-fashioned cursive, and I was suprised how cool my name turned out in it. I unfolded it, and read the relatively short message.

Thought the rose would match the room. Any chance we could make over? If so, go to the top floor of the building ASAP. Don't worry, I'll give you tips on how to get there.

Here's hoping you actually bother to read this!

-Arex.

Maybe, Arex. Maybe. I refolded the note, and trudged out the room. Now, to find the clues.