My sister gets kidnapped by a demon (again....)

Dedicated to @Riku54.

This was completely unfair. I had to choose to save Tina, or my friends. How, exactly, was I supposed to make a decision like that? Either someone I'd known for my whole life, or a bunch of mages I couldn't really even trust. Not good.

'Tick tock.' The little girl said, if you can still call her that. 'Who knows? There's no way of knowing what would happen if you hand yourself over.'.

Tina was struggling to breathe. 'Soph......Please......' she wheezed.

I was struggling. Not only was it a very, very hard descision, it was practically impossible to stay positive. 'Er.....'.

The demon tightened her grip. 'What will it be? Ten....Nine...Eight....'. That's about when Kae started growling, and Lupa leapt up and attacked the myltling. She dropped my sister and fled, with Lupa at her heels.

'You okay?' I asked Tina.

'So....Very....Annoyed.' Christina muttered in between heavy breaths.

Then I noticed. Why hadn't Laura or Timothy helped us? I turned around. They were standing there, backs to the cliff.

'What on Earth? Why didn't you help us?' I asked.

Laura cocked her head. 'You could deal with her. Now, let's run.'.

And Laura and Timothy started sprinting to the top of the mountain. I had a much better idea.

'Wait.' I commanded, then attempted a teleport. The good news is, it worked at getting us up to the mountain. The bad news? I was completely drained when I got to the top.

The girl was lying on the floor, with Kae and Lupa staring down at her. Looks like they teleported as well. We had beaten Laura and Timothy to the top. RECORD!!!!!

The girl was still smiling. 'You can't hurt me. I'm still human.' she said, grinning.

'Oh, we can. We can do anything to stop you.' Kae smiled back. 'You're a danger to society.'.

Then Tina ran up in between them. 'You can, but I can't. I won't let you hurt her.'.

'Christina, step aside. She tried to kill you!' Kae ordered.

Christina smiled (just like everyone else). 'Oh, I know. I was there. But you can't hurt her.'.

Then a mist seemed to spread around the room. Images flashed all around. The girl was screaming, as if in pain. But not as in 'I just got hit by a sword' pain. Emotional pain. I saw images of people I had never met. I heard their voices. I saw darkness, and light. Despair, and hope. I was seeing her memories, start to finish. The girl was on the floor, clutching her head. Her eyes faded from the sharp, cobalt blue to a soft, chocolate colour brown. She was human once again. The mist faded away, and Tina fell to the floor, exhausted. Oh well. She was going to go unconcious sooner or later.

Timothy made to it to the top right then. 'Beat you!' he shouted down to Laura. Then he saw the girl. And her eyes. 'What the....?' he asked.

The girl smiled shyly. 'Er.... This is awkward. Sorry about trying to kill you.' she apologised. We were all pretty confused.

Then Laura reached the top and saw the girl. 'Die, demon!' she cried. it took me, Timothy and Kae to hold her back.

Christina got to her feet. 'Well, that went well.'.

So, the short version of what happened, according to Christina and verfied by Laura, Timothy and Kae.

Christina summoned up an illusion of everything the little girl held dear (we still aren't sure how). The human part of the girl began to feel again, and rebelled against the demon. The girl won. She was still a myltling, but she was back in control of her own life. Kae and Lupa took her back to wherever they worked, to try and see if they could destroy the demon.

Me, Laura, Timothy and Christina went back to my house. Tina was quiet for most of the way. When reached the house, she finally spoke up.

'I've decided to quit magic.'.

I froze. Not literally, but with Timothy around you couldn't be sure. 'What?'.

'It's too dangerous. I could've died today. I don't want to go through that again.'.

Laura nodded. 'Yeah. And that was an easy day. Sometimes we track a monster for days on end. You should consider stepping out, Sophia.'.

Timothy grunted. 'Laura's right, for once. It's pretty hard.'.

'What? No! I'm not leaving!' I screeched. Then I realized something. Something I had forgotten about.

'Where's mum and dad?'. Christina's eyes went wide. We rushed to an open door, creaking on it's hinges. Timothy and Laura ran after us.

'Hey!' Timothy screamed. 'Wait up!'. We reached our parent's bedroom. Their door was wide open, and the curtains at the edge of the room were fluttering in the breeze.

'Oh no. This is bad.' Tina said, quietly. 'This is very, very bad.'.

Our mother was stuck in a coma.