Showdowwwwwwn! Sophia vs Arex

Authors note:

Yay! 100+ reads! I. Am. Ecstatic! But don't take this as an opportunity to stop reading. Or I might stop writing. Do you want that???? Anyway, Vote/Comment/Follow. Marethyu2 out!

It took me exactly ten minutes to get changed into actual clothes, eat a small breakfast then rush down to the abandoned warehouse Arex was apparently in. The place was entirely stereotypical for a hero versus villain showdown. Of course, most of the time the hero is actually trained in using weapons or magic. I had no magic, and still missed with my gun 50% of the time, at most. Not a good statistic.

I went up to the door and pushed as hard as I could. Nothing happened. I looked around to see if there were any locks. Nope. I pushed again for five minutes straight. Still nothing.

Then I saw the plaque on the side of the door, which stated (in bold writing): Please pull. Has anyone else noticed how stupid I've been acting?

Sighing, I pulled on the door and stepped through. The building was nothing like I expected.

The place was completely white, and was lit by some invisible lights. I was expecting a few skeletons and a dark, crumbling building. If anything, it seemed more creepy, as I knew Arex didn't design this place. And if he didn't, who did? And what happened to them? Dah dah daaaaaah!

I was going down a simple corridor, with no decorations, paintings or anything. There was some grooves in the wall, like I was walking through some kind of Grecian column, but that was it.

At the end of the passage, there was a room (duh) with a completely different color scheme. It was dark, with a painting that resembled the scream on one of the walls. There was a huge cage in the corner, with Christina in it. She looked as though she was sleeping, strangely enough. There were two boys in front of her cage, chatting. One of them was obviously Arex. I didn't recognize the person next to him.

He had black hair, like Arex, and a sword hanging off his belt, like Carter. I hid behind a pillar (conveniently placed) in the middle of the room, and listened into their conversation. The new guy spoke first. 'Arex, we've known each other for a while. You know I could kill you if I wanted to. So hand over the girl.'.

Wow. Me and my sister had never been this popular before. Even if we're popular with psychopaths.

Arex snorted. 'We've known each other for... What? Five minutes? Seriously, James. I'm just as dangerous as you. You're just more cocky. Oh, and Sophia? That pillar is an awful hiding place.'.

What the...? He wasn't looking anywhere near me! I ignored him.

James sighed. He raised his hand, and flicked his hand downwards. The pillar followed, disappearing into the ground. I was now able to be seen. Dammit.

'Great hiding place, Sophia. Real smart.' James said (sarcastically).

There was only one thing I could think to say. 'How do you know my name?'.

James smiled. 'Carter. We hate each other's guts, but we keep in contact though.'.

Arex coughed. 'Excuse me? I still have Christina here.'.

James turned to me. 'You want her back, right? Why aren't you doing anything?'.

What was wrong with James? Was he actually enjoying all this?

'What can I do? All I have is a stupid handgun and necromancy powers I've never used. Why aren't you doing anything?' I asked.

'Why aren't I doing anything? All I have is a sword and black magic. It can't be any more then what you have.'.

Arex coughed again. 'No offense, but I really don't like being ignored. And if I don't like something, most of the time something bad happens to the person who did it. So, you might want to pay attention.'.

James ignored him. 'So, you really want your sister back?'.

'Yes.' I replied. 'Definitely.'.

'Well then,' James said, 'We need to do something.'.

Then an earthquake started.

The earthquake was probably James's fault. The skeletons coming from the ground, probably my fault. The fact they fell apart in two seconds, I have no idea. Bit of a problem.

I grabbed my gun and fired three shots at Arex. One of them missed. Arex dodged the second. The third was soooo close to hitting him, but just before it hit him it froze, and fell to the ground. Then James ran forward and starting doing a bunch of complicated, but extremely impressive, sword maneuvers. I know, I make it sound boring and awful, but James was seriously amazing. If anything, he seemed just as dangerous as Carter.

Arex, of course, managed to dodge every single shot. Then he started flying. Seriously? Unfair much!

A staircase of earth erupted from the ground, and James ran up it, with his sword trailing behind him.

I had one bullet left. All. Or. Nothing.

I closed my eyes, and fired. The shot hit his leg. It was perfect aim.

Arex fell to the ground, immobilised. And where he fell, there was a giant black bird wing expanding from his frozen body. Arex was a fallen angel.

James jumped down, and checked Arex's pulse. 'Shame.' He said.

'Why?'.

'He's still alive.'. He passed me a key. 'You gonna get your sister out, or what?'.