I meet with Mr Death

It was morning. And I was tired. However, I still needed to coax myself out of bed because of stupid school. Well, that and the fact I was having a meeting with mystery texting guy. Just great (sarcasm detected). School was fine, as usual. There's not much point describing it, because it's usually the same. Every. Stupid. Day. I just like seeing my friends at school, that' all, and chances are you don't want to hear overly repetitive conversations about a bunch of kids I haven't described very well. At the end of the day, something happened. The receptionist walked in on maths.

'Sophia? There's a man here to see you. He said that you had an organized meeting.' The receptionist asked.

I checked my watch. Three o'clock. He must of come early. 'Yeah. I completely forgot!'.

'He's outside the school right now. Do want me to accompany you, once you've packed up?' she asked. Did everything she say have to be a question?

'Nah, I'm fine.' I replied, whilst packing. Everyone was staring at me, ignoring the teacher as he droned on and on about Egyptian fractions (groan). They'd regret that once the test turned up. I finished packing and left the class. I was alone. Which, I realized, was bad.

Carter was waiting for me.

Did that guy EVER give up?

'So, you sent the messages?' I asked, keeping my distance.

'Those? Did they sound like me?' Carter replied, confused. 'Nah. I'm just here to warn you. That and get you out of maths.'.

'Thanks for that and all, but I have another engagement. Terribly sorry, old chap.'.

'Didn't anyone tell you sarcasm was the lowest form of humor?'. That hypocrite.

'You always use sarcasm.'.

'Exactly. I know. Now, I know where I'm not wanted. Don't go to the meeting. I will make you regret it, if you do.'.

And he disappeared. Why, oh why, oh why didn't I bring my gun to school? Never mind. Since the receptionist wasn't there, she couldn't take me back to maths. I walked out the school, and didn't look back. Only an hour and a half to go to the meeting. Which, of course, I was attending. Carter could not stop me.

I had been waiting for a half hour outside the book store which, added to the half hour it took to get there, meant there was only a half hour to go. It was right next to the book store, so I'd know when he or she arrived. There was nothing to do till then, so I sat down at the shop and ordered a biscuit. It was, weirdly, the cheapest thing they had. It wasn't exactly a top quality place. The tables were grubby, the food was rarely delivered soon and waitresses didn't even seem to know what they were selling (which was slightly annoying when I tried to order a hot chocolate, and they realized they didn't have the ingredients to make it after ten minutes of waiting.). The moment I sat down, a guy with red hair turned up. Not just slightly orange, or strawberry blonde, but a bold tomato red. I checked my watch. 3:45. Fifteen minutes till the real guy turned up. Still, that guy did look like the kind of person who would be part of this weird lifestyle. He sat down on my table.

'Sophia? Sophia Dec'Arden?' He asked. Why did everyone know my name?

'Um... Yeah. No offense, but I'm kinda waiting for someone at the moment. Would you mind leaving?' I replied.

'Yes, actually. I take all the effort to come early, and you kick me out. Not okay.'. Wow. He came early? Awwwkwward.

'Oh. I didn't realize.'.

'Yeah, yeah.' He extended his hand. 'I'm Elliot. Elliot Mort. I'm the guy who sent the messages.'.

'Wow. Creepy name.'. Mort was french for death. What kind of person calls themselves Mr Death?

'Really? You're probably the first person to actually get that!'.

'It's easy. I took French. No offense, but calling yourself Mr Death in French wasn't a good idea. It's disturbing.'. Honesty is the best policy, after all.

'What? It's supposed to be short for Moriarty! It's not supposed to be that creepy!'. Yeah, yeah. Calling yourself Mr Sherlock's Nemesis is sooooo much less creepy. Moriarty, after all, was only created to kill off Sherlock Holmes (Thank you, Wikipedia!). That was, in it's own way, more creepy.

'The name's still creepy, Elliot.' I pointed out.

'Fine. But I didn't send you a message just so we could talk about my name.'.

Intriguing. 'So, why did you text me, then?'.

He smiled. 'A proposition. A once in a lifetime opportunity. The only way to stop Carter, Arex and others like them.'.

I should've asked more, probably. But I replied instantly.

'When do I start?'.

------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am very sorry for three things about this book at the moment.

1. The chapters being short.

2. The fact I haven't been updating (I've been busy!)

3. There are so many characters!!!

You can forget about most of the characters for the moment. Most of them aren't going to play important parts for a while. But they will. They all will. Dah dah daaaah!

-@Marethyu2 out!