A normal day (for once!)

Authors note:

Okay, so I realized the last few chapters have been a bit dark. Be prepared for a return to the world of the light-hearted! And if you aren't, don't blame the author. It isn't my fault. No, wait. It is. Dammit.

Marethyu2 out! (before it gets as awkward as the situation for Sophia....)

Chapter 8-

Me and Laura hung around the house for a while. We watched The Hunger Games for a while, before Laura admitted that she'd seen the movie multiple times and it wasn't anything new. Then we discussed singers and bands for a while. I also introduced Laura to nightcore. For those poor people who don't know what nightcore is, here is a step-by-step path to making your own nightcore song.

Step 1: Find your favorite song, or pretty much any song (WARNING: Most fast rap songs sound awful in nightcore.)

Step 2: Speed it up.

Step 3: Put it at a higher pitch. You now have a nighcore song!

Step 4: Put it on youtube and watch the👍 roll in.

And there you have it! Unfortunately, we were having computer difficulties, so we didn't get to try that. Next we tried having a drawing competition. However, since we were both bias towards each others drawings (as in we both thought each others were better) we couldn't decide a winner. We tried practically everything we could without blowing up the house. Sadly, everything failed. Thankfully, the house survived everything we could throw at it. Literally. What can I say? I have weird ideas. Anyway, we quickly ran out of things to do. Laura managed to save me the embarrassment and said that she was leaving. However, the situation still became awkward as I had no way to reply without sounding mean or making her stay longer. Which would both be extremely bad for me. So I was just standing there, silent, when Laura walked out the door. Then I realized what to say.

'Thanks for using the door! The teleporting was getting annoying!'.

Naturally, Laura teleported as soon as I said that. Typical. I went to bed and fell asleep. I didn't even bother checking it was twelve o'clock. And Christina still wasn't home.

I woke up at about 8:00. It was Saturday. Christina wasn't in her bed. She wasn't on the couch. She wasn't anywhere. I was scared. 'Why didn't I notice she wasn't home yesterday?' I thought whilst banging my head on the wall (for good measure). I doubled checked her bedroom. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Well, there was something. A small piece of folded paper, with a picture snake biting its own tail on it. It was exactly like what Carter had gone after last time I saw him. I picked it up, then immediatly dropped it. It burned my hand on contact, leaving a small dot on my hand. I picked up the paper again, fully expecting a burn again. Nothing happened. I unfolded the paper, and groaned.

Dear Sophia,

Bet you're wondering what just happened. For your information, I haven't hurt Christina. I didn't even kidnap her. Arex did. All the piece of paper did is stop you talking about me. Try. Didn't work, did it? Curses are so much fun.

-Carter Ascot-Brown.

PS: You still don't trust me? You'll have to. Trust me on this, if anything.

Why, why, why, why, why????? CARTER? I didn't believe him on the 'Can't talk about him' thing, though. Then I tried. I opened my mouth, spoke the words, but no noise came out. 'Oh no. He hasn't made me unable to speak at all, has he?' I thought, extremely worried. Then I said my name. Noise actually came out. Danger passed. Then I remembered the problem at hand. I turned the piece of paper over. There were some more words on it.

PSS: Arex is in the warehouse at the end of the street. Kill him for me, won't you? Or at the least, hurt him.

PSSS: Don't worry. You can still speak. :)

I was fully prepared to punch Carter at that moment. He was...... I just couldn't describe him. Sarcastic? Bullying? Nope. They made him sound like a child. Murderous? Maybe, but he never acted that way to me. Villainous? That made him sound like those stereotypical bad guys from a play for six year olds. Evil? Same problem. Still, time for the main problem.

I was going to get Christina back, even if it killed me.