Tina's P.O.V. Be prepared for shocks

This chapter is dedicated to @Ellabel123. Enjoy!

Wow. The police seriously don't care when teenagers are missing for only a day. I couldn't exactly say she'd probably been kidnapped by a bunch of psychos (like Arex), or I'd be carted off to a mental health facility. Looks like we'd have to wait a while before she was found. Shame bout that.

I was crashing at Hayley's place for the night. Since Mum was in hospital and Sophia had disappeared, it wasn't fair to put too much pressure on Dad at the moment. Hayley, however, was ecstatic when I asked if I could sleep over there for the night. Well, kind of ecstatic. Turned out, she had to go to a late night drama rehearsal thing, so I could only stay till nine. Just great.

We were currently eating pizza and playing Little Big Planet. I sucked majorly, which made it a lot more fun. Except when my character died. That wasn't fun.

Hayley turned to me. 'Are you sure you have no idea where she is? Maybe you missed a message or something?'.

I smiled grimly. 'Are joking? That was the first place I checked!'.

She raised her hands in surrender. 'Fine! Whatevs! Don't get mad at me!'.

'I'm not.'.

'Phew. Oh, by the way, I have a question for you.'.

I was intrigued. Tina Dec'Arden, junior psychologist. 'Yeah?'.

'Do you like having Lani in the group?'.

That was probably the most asked question between all of us. She always caused arguments. If you though you knew someone who was more of a drama queen, trust me. They aren't. 'Well... Sometimes. It feels a bit mean to just kick her out. We're her only friends here anyway.'. That, unfortunately, was true. She was always irritating everyone. She had about as many enemies as Adolf Hitler.

'Yeah, but do you like having her around?'.

'Nah, not really. When she's in a good mood, she's annoying, repetitive, and sticks around us like a puppy. When she's in a bad mood, she's irritating, stubborn and makes us all feel guilty by looking at us. Not a good combo.'. Honesty best policy, right?

'Yeah. Oh, watch out for that hole.'.

I made my avatar jump over it at the last instant. 'Thanks!'.

The doorbell rang. I jumped up. 'I'll get it.'. What? It wasn't like I was gonna get kidnapped or something!

I opened the door. Mum was at the door! She smiled. 'I'm cured!'.

I hugged her. Now all I needed was for Sophia to come back.

I left Hayley's place early. Since mum was back, it seemed a bit mean to ignore her and stay over at someone's house. Dad was uber-happy, obviously. We ordered indian takeaway, and we waited while mum told us what had happened.

'It was weird! Everyones just got up, completely recovered, at the exact same time! The doctor's are still trying to work out why!'.

Ah. Now I understood. Arex didn't need the curse anymore, now he had Sophia. That's what happened to her. Stop kidnapping us, you psycho!

I excused myself from dinner, and went to be early. Well, early for me. It was about 8:30. I lied down in my bed.

'Sophia Dec'Arden. Where are you?' I asked.

I heard a giggling noise. 'No idea. Sorry about that. Oh, and sorry about me having to kill you. Well, not really sorry, you must understand. Metaphorically sorry.'. It started giggling again.

I jumped out of bed, and ran to the door. It was locked. Duh. I'd locked it so the cat wouldn't wander in in the middle of the night and fall asleep on my face. Stupid. Then again, I hadn't exactly been expecting a monster/demon/what-the-fudging-hell-is-this-creature to wander into my room.

It walked into my line of sight. A guy, in his teen years. He had red eyes , white hair and was grasping a machete. Just brilliant. 'Don't be scared.' He said. 'It will all be okay.'.

There was another voice. Still a teen guys, but more jokey and sarcastic. 'No way, Jack. She's my kill.'.

He turned. 'Wanna bet?'.

The new voice wandered into view. He was quite tall, with wild eyes and a sarcastic grin. He wasn't handsome or hot or anything, but he wasn't ugly. He seemed to be stuck in a cycle of inbetweeness with his looks. 'Come on. You were famous ages ago for this. Give the younger kids a chance.'.

I was annoyed. 'Don't either of you take this seriously? My LIFE is on the line here!'.

Mr In-between shrugged. 'Nah, not really. Now, if I remember correctly, the curse will end in five, four...'.

The other guy looked scared. He lunged at me with the machete, desperate. The new guy pushed him into the wall, which managed to surprising survive the assault.

'Two....One... Over.'. The guy hit the monster over the head with the butt of the sword handle. It fell to the ground, then splintered into little sparks of golden light.

I was completely lost. 'What the hell's going on?'.

The new guy turned to me. 'Do you want this to happen again?'.

Okay. Abrupt topic change. 'You didn't answer my question.'.

'You didn't answer mine. If you don't want that to repeat, pack your bags. You're leaving.'.

'Oy! Who's making the decisions here, me or you?'.

'Me, duh. Now, are you gonna start packing, or what?'.

What za? How on earth did this happen? 'Sorry. I don't particularly want to.'.

He stared at me. 'Excuse me? You're gonna die if you stay here. Sophia will die if you stay here.'.

Wait. He knew where Sophia was? 'Wait. You know where Sophia is? I'm packing.'.

He smirked. 'Well, I sorta know where she is. Kinda. Not really.'.

'Eh. You have a better idea than me!'. I finished packing. Then I stopped moving. 'You're not Arex, are you?'.

He laughed. 'Nah. I hate that guy.'.

Oh. 'So, what is your name?'.

He turned to look at me, his blonde hair wild and his sharp, unnaturally blue eyes dancing. His sword glinted in the moon, and grin was like an arrogant cheshire cat's. And, once he answered, I left my old world behind, knowing that it was me, him and Sophia against this new world.

'My name is Carter. Carter Ascot-Brown.'.