Fairground Horror Story/Chapter

I stepped out of the portal. The first thing I heard? Carnival music. And not creepy, twisted carnival sounds, but happy, upbeat tunes. I could see ferris wheels, roller coasters, mini game stalls and, of course, food stalls. Typical. Coz people are so going to buy hot dogs from a haunted fair.

Daniel had walked off a little further away. I had to run to catch up to him. 'So, where's the ride?' I asked.

Daniel shrugged. 'Dunno, don't care. I'm searching for where the kidnapper is. You can't take someone straight off the ride; somebody would notice.'

'Oh? So what else could've happened?' I asked. Again.

'Maybe someone implanted the idea that the missing people were on the ride with them while the others were on the ride. The person could move there whenever she needs to fool people.'

I was slightly confused. 'Or,' I stated, 'They could've been waiting on the ceiling of the ride. There might be a blackout, and they take the person during it. People would think the screams were just horror sound effects.'

He nodded. 'Possible. We thought of that as well, so we checked the electricity records. There was no blackout.'HOh. There goes my idea. 'Well, let's try out your idea. Where do you think they'd be?'. Did these guys have all the answers, or just the majority?

He shrugged. 'No idea, but we're not in a hurry. The demon only takes one person a day. It doesn't show any signs of changing it's routine.

Yep. They had all the answers. 'So? We're gonna want to save that person, aren't we?' I asked, kinda shocked.

He shrugged, which obviously really irritated me. 'Meh. I'd like to save them, but if do chances are one of would end up dead. We'll do what we can.'

'WHAT WE CAN DO IS NOT LAZE AROUND! WE CAN HURRY UP AND ACTUALLY TRY TO SAVE SOMEONE!'. I took a deep breath. 'Now, can we actually do something?'

Daniel did a lazy, sarcastic military salute. 'Yes ma'am. Whatevs.'

And we walked on, to the halloween ride. Well, probably. I didn't know where to go, and Daniel didn't seem to care.

Classic.

Apparently, Daniel didn't know where we were going. This became obvious around the third time we passed the hot dog stall.

'Ummm.....' Daniel murmered. 'Where is it? Where the hell is it?'

'I dunno!' I retorted. 'I don't have a map!'.

He snorted. 'I'm not asking you! I'm checking leftover memories. Ones still around here. There might be one that takes us to the.. Ah, there it is.'

I rolled my eyes. 'You couldn't be bothered to do this earlier, could you?'.

'Nah. Not really. C'mon.' He stormed off, with me in tow.

It only took us about ten minutes. I say only because with Daniel constantly getting lost it made things a little more complicated. Anywho, when we eventually reached it, I was shocked. You'd think it would look abandoned, or at least actually scary. But no, it was a cheesy little building, with fake spider webs and abandoned carts painted black and red.

Daniel snorted. 'Yeah, like they actually look like that.' He was obviously talking about the red satan statue poking off the side.

'Forget it.' I said. 'Let's check it out. It could be inside.'

And we went inside, him obsessed with not having to fight the demon, and me being glad this wasn't the tunnel of love.

There's one word to describe it. Corny. Everything was probably from some cheap halloween store. I worked this out when Daniel spotted a price tag on one of the decorations. I mean, seriously. Who leaves them on the decor?

Daniel leaned towards one of the walls. 'I think we've past the fake section. This looks like real blood.'

I thought I heard giggles, but I ignored it. It was haunted house ride, for goodness sake. It was probably fake.

Then the demon dropped down on us, grabbed Daniel, and pulled him up into the rafters.

----

Hi people!

Sorry about not updating for ages! I had writers block and was pressed for time! Again, I'm so sorry. I'll try and update again soon, so don't worry!

@Marethyu2 out!