Struggle

I began to get extremely worried when there was no reply. I just barley managed to stand high enough on my back legs, to peer directly over the edge of the broken window. But I couldn't see him. But I was relieved to hear his voice.

"I'm fine. Just a little glass, that's all." He said. But I could hear the pain in his voice. That's when he slammed against the door just hard enough to bust it open. Soon as I made my way inside, the first thing that caught my attention was Flash. His right wing was scarred with shards of glass stuck in it.

I gasped. "Flash!" I cried in concern. "Your wing!" I couldn't help but breath heavily to ease my shock.

"Princess Twilight, it's fine, I'm okay." He said trying to make me calm down a bit. But it wasn't soothing my anxiety. I knew that I had to do something. "Please don't worry about me."

"Flash, hold still for just a minute. I can help." I said as I slowly walked over to him. Ignoring the fact that he had clashed me "princess" again.

"Twilight, I told you. I'm okay, really." He said as he started backing away from me when he saw the glow of my horn removing my satchel from my back slowly, to avoid damaging the crystal heart that remained inside.

"But what if it gets infected?" I said as I continued to walk towards him. "We gotta get the glass out, then I'll just clean it, and bandage it up."

"Twilight, I said that I'll be fine." He continued to back away until eventual he hit the front of the desk, I had him cornered.

"It'll only take a minute, Flash." It was at this moment that made me extremely relieved that I had packed my first aid kit. I unraveled the bandages slowly, add he continued to fidget in place to find a way to escape.

But he knew that I wasn't going to let him get away without a struggle. Unexpectedly he lunged to the right and managed to pass right by me. I quickly turned around and lunged for him, knocking us both to the floor in result.

Once I saw that I had the advantage I rose to my hooves, while he still layed on the ground trying to catch his breath. I pinned him to the floor just before he tried to stand up, he just layed in astonishment for a second.

"I'm gonna fix your wing." I said.

"My wing doesn't need to be fixed. It'll heal on its own." He said right before he used his back hooves to knock down my back hooves. I stumbled to the ground as I lost my balance. Before I could refocus on the situation he had already tackled me in a playful manner strait into a hay stack that just happened to be sitting behind me.

We both laughed for a second, before realizing our position. Flash had landed on his hooves towered above me as i was beneath him sprawled out against the hay stack. We both stopped laughing as we managed to remove ourselves from this awkward position.

"Your not gonna let me fix your wing, are you?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"No, it doesn't need to be fixed." He called as he sprinted away. I gritted my teeth in frustration as I chased after him. After a few wasted minutes of running after him, I foolishly remembered about my key resource. My wings.

I flew to the sky in pride, when he had noticed this he immediately sprawled his wings. He jumped to the air in attempt to fly away, but he tumbled to the ground instead. I managed to tackle him to the floor as he tried to get back up.

We tumbled a few times before hitting a wall. "Please Flash!" I insisted as I struggled to hold him down with my magic. "You need to hold still."

"Twilight, I'll be fine." He urged, trying to resist the strength of my magic.

"Please! It hurts me to see you get hurt!" I cried in desperation. "Why won't you just let me do this for you?"

"But I'm not hurt." Flash said calmly as he continued to squirm. Finally after a few more minutes of struggle, he finally gave up. "Alright... fine." He extended his wing, revealing the glass shards and the red spots surrounding them.

I smiled weakly in victorious as I removed the first aid kit from my satchel. After I finished removing the glass from the wing with my magic, and set them carefully on the floor. I viewed the spots of redness made by the glass, then dabbed the bottle of cleansing alcohol onto a spare rag.

"This is gonna be the bad part, huh?" He said before gritting his teeth to ease the pain. I slowly dabbed the red spots with the cleaning alcohol, while Flash winced at the pain.

As soon as I had finished the banging part, we had decided that once the storm died down we would continue the journey. In the mean time I was looking around for extra supplies and constantly reminding Flash to rest his wing on the small scarf rolled up to act similar to a pillow.

But no matter how much I tried I to ignore them... the voices of my friends talking amongst kept spinning around in my head. Somehow it was as if I was listening to their conversation as they spoke amongst themselves.

"How could she just leave us here?" Flutter shy said. "Just to go off and meet some stranger?"

"Yeah, I thought we were supposed to be friends!" Pinkie cried.

"And friends don't leave each other behind!" Rainbow dash shouted in frustration.

"How could she do this, especially Twilight?" Apple jack complained.

"It's so not fair she gets to leave us behind." Rarity muffled in the background.

"I can't believe... that she just left all of us. Oh and not to mention took the crystal heart just to give it away to some stranger." Spikes voice said. But that's when I realized something. I never told any of my friends that I was taking the crystal heart, or that I was giving it to anybody. How could they have known?

A/N Hey guys, this is the first time I've done an author's note. But I must admit is not one of my best chapters, and I'm kinda running low on ideas. So... if you guys could maybe help me out a bit, maybe some requests for what you wanna see in this story. I'll make sure to give you a shout out, thanks! Oh, and one more thing. I'm gonna try and update once every two days. That way, you guys don't have to wait so long.