Packing

Twilight's P.O.V
I can't believe that I almost did that! I was just about to make a huge fool of myself, thank goodness Trixie showed up when she did. At least now have to so I can sort out my mixed feelings and emotions, but I knew that I was running out of time.
Once we made it back to the camp, we had to focus on packing up the camp so that we would have time to get to the center of the frozen Forrest. Even though we have no clue where it is, I have no idea how were gonna find it. Supposedly it has a giant sparkling design that sits in the middle.
Less than a few minutes after we got back did I actually realize the pain in my stomach. I remembered that I hadn't eaten in practically two days, and the symptoms are starting to show. My body was becoming much weaker, and my vision was blurry, but not to blurry for me to get distracted from our mission.
I couldn't let my weakness bring me down, I can't let my doubt get the best of me, and I can't allow my guilt to over power me. My stomach would growled every ten minutes or so, hopefully they wouldn't notice. 'Should I ask Trixie if she has food?' I thought to myself, but I didn't want to sound picky, or greedy.
I left up one of the blankets with my magic and neatly folded it as gentle as I could. I could hear the steps of Flash approaching me, I quickly turned to see he was looking slightly exhausted, and I can't blame him.
"Um... what's up?" He said.
"Nice conversation starter." I joked sarcastically.
"Are you okay?" His kind voice asked. "You looking a bit pale." I stared blankly at him for a moment, taking a second to process the sentence.
"Oh, I'm fine." I claimed as I smiled weakly. His expression looked as if he didn't believe me.
He glanced down at the snow as he glanced at the satchel on his back, then slipped it off his back smoothly. He reached in with his muzzle before pulling something out, a small blue colored cloth.
"Here." He said kindly as he dropped it into his hoof and held it out for me.
Using my magic to lift up the cloth and examine it for a moment before I looked back at Flash. He was giving a warm smile that almost made me forget that I was standing in the freezing snow. I gently unfolded it to see that it was a thin streak of fabric, a scarf.
"I want you to use it." He said. I glanced up at him to see that he was slightly blushing as he smiled. Remembering that I had lost my scarf yesterday made me realize his kind gesture.
"What about you?" I asked. Looking at him I noticed that he was slightly shivering. "Aren't you cold?" All he did was shake his head in reply. Typical gentlecolt, always putting others needs before his own, but occasionally it can get a bit... frustrating."Thank you." I said. "But you look cold too." I claimed.
"That's okay, you deserve it more." He stated persistently. "Plus, who knows when you may need a simple piece of fabric to save a life."
"I'm sure that's not true. But I'm guessing that arguing isn't gonna convince you to keep the scarf." I said. He smiled humbly just as he turned to walk away.
I glanced over at Trixie, who was collapsed onto the large thick blanket that she had struggled to fold. "Hey Trixie." I called, she then quickly glanced back up to me with an weak look. "Do you need some help?"
"That would be nice." She replied as she lifted herself from the ground. I then trotted over to her and after assisting her in folding the large blanket, Trixie and I both secured everything back into her wagon. Then we headed off into the abyss of snowy trees.
We wandered for a while in silence before Trixie finally spoke up. "So... you guys never really told me why meeting some stranger in the middle of the frozen forest is so important. Isn't the crystal heart like... the most important artifact in the crystal Empire? I mean, why aren't the other princesses dealing with this?"
"Well... they don't really know about it." Flash murmured.
"They don't know?" Trixie remarked. "How don't they know? I'm still so confused."
There was a short silence while Flash and I tried to think of something else to say.
"Trixie." I said as formally as possible, finally willing to confess the details. "Somebody has been threatening the crystals empire. I've been having nightmares with him speaking to me... he's told me so many things."
After I had fished explaining practically everything, all she could do was nod in reply as I could tell she was speechless. I truly sympathized her, with all this information just piling into her already troubled mind. And Flash wasn't really sure what to say either.
Eventually, after walking for a couple more miles, we stopped for a rest. The cold snow rested as if it were untouched beneath me as I layed down. I didn't even care how cold it was, but my legs ached, and my muscles were weak so I had to sit down. Meanwhile Flash sat gazing up at the sky beside me, and Trixie was already collapsed onto the wagon where the blankets sat in top.
"Ya know, that scarf is good luck." Flash said gesturing to the scarf he had given me wrapped around my neck.
"Good luck?" I remarked.
"It's always been good luck for me whenever I've worn it. I've been wearing that scarf since I was a young colt, ever since my mother gave it to me."
"Oh." I said, not really sure what else to say.
"Yeah." He said.
The silence then continued.

I'm really sorry to make you guys wait so long, and fur such a lame chapter. I'll probably be updating sometime tomorrow or the day after. Please don't hate me, I promise that the next chapter will be better.