Chapter Fourteen

Being grounded wasn't so bad. I didn't have anyone to talk to so my phone being taken away wasn't a big issue.

I barely watched tv so I didn't mind not watching it, and I had no where to be on a Saturday. no one to hang out with. I think these two weeks are going to go by fast.

I was currently laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I wasn't bored because I was thinking. Should I tell my mom what happened to me three days ago? Should I go to the police. Will he hurt me worse for doing so? Should I have gone to the police as soon as it happened?

All these questions roamed my head and I didn't know the answer to any of them.

If I told my mom would she believe me?

I gulped. That was what I was most scared of. If I told her, would she believe her own daughter or would she think I was lying?

I shuddered thinking of my mom not believing in me. She should. I am her daughter after all. I let out a quiet sigh and walked towards the window, looking out of it.

I saw kids running everywhere and it reminded me of when I was little and used to run around my old neighborhood before school started. Before he entered my life.

A frown etched my face at the memory of him and I tried to shake him out of my head.

"Nina!" I heard my brother yell from behind the closed door, before he opened it and revealed himself.

"Mami said we're going to the park in ten minutes. Do you want to come?" he asked and I froze.

The park. Was it the same one as the one I went to a few days ago. I shakily took a deep breath and shook my head. I didn't want to find out what park it was when we got there. The memories would come back full force.

My brother shrugged and walked toward me and gave me a hug. Then he walked out the door of my room, running downstairs.

"She said no mami," I heard him tell my mom and I sighed quietly.

I looked out the window again when I heard a rock hit the window. There, standing underneath my window, was Jared. My eyes widened and I looked at him with a questioning look. What was he doing here?

He motioned for me to open my window and I did.

"Hey Nina, I'm gonna climb to your room," he whisper yelled and I shook my head at him.

"Nina, we're leaving to the park now, We'll be back soon!" I jumped at the sound of my mother's voice and the slam of the front door and looking back out the window, I was surprised to see Jared was already through my window and tumbling onto the floor.

I covered my mouth to hide my smile and watched as Jared got up from the floor and looked at me.

"Don't you dare laugh," he warned and I bit my lip and nodded my head. He walked over to my bed and laid down, patting the spot next to him and I sat at the end of my bed.

"So, grounded huh?" he inquired and I glared at him. He chuckled and relaxed into my bed.

"I remember when I was grounded, three weeks ago. It sucked butt," I smiled at his use of words and looked back at him to see him with his eyes shut and I just watched him. Why does he skip school and get in trouble all the time? Does he enjoy it?

"I can sense you looking at me," he mumbled and I jumped in fright. I was met with his chuckle and watched as he got up and leaned into my face. I leaned back in fright and just as he was about to lean in the rest of the way, I hear a pounding on the front door.

I jump in fright and look back at Jared and he looked back at me. My mom had the keys, but that can always be Jose who was ahead of her. I motioned for Jared to hide and I creeped downstairs quietly, jumping again at the sound of the door pounding and I took in a deep shaky breath.

I reached the door and hesitated as I held the door knob. I slowly turned the lock and opened the door, gasping at the person standing on the other side.

"Hello, my sweet one,"

I froze at the person standing there. He actually came over to my house. Standing tall, at my house, was my worst nightmare.

"You know, I couldn't help but come over for more since I know you didn't really enjoy it last time," he said and I nervously shuffled my feet and remembered that Jared was just upstairs.

Too lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice when he walked into my house, but I felt when he pushed me roughly into the living room. Pushing me down onto the couch, I finally came to my senses and tried to push him off.

This cant happen again. Not in my home. Not where I have all my good memories. I cant let him ruin this too. He grabbed my hands and pinned them above me and straddled my waist. Just as he was reaching my pants, I let out a loud screech.

He laughed evilly, "silly you, no one can hear you from outside," he smirked and continued his task at hand.

"H-help!" I uttered my first word in twelve years.

I heard loud footsteps from upstairs and he looked at me in shock which quickly turned to anger and he punched me in the face, "you bitch," he yelled and quickly tried to move away.

He wasn't fast enough because Jared pulled him by his shirt and threw him off of me, pushing him to the floor and throwing punch after punch at his face.

I stumbled off the couch and watching the scene unroll before me, I reached for the house phone on the coffee table and dialed 911.

I can't believe I was doing this, the fear just left my body and I let out a shaky breath as the operator spoke on the other end, "911, what is your emergency?"

I stayed quiet for a moment. Was I really going to talk? Looking at him getting beat up and all the things he put me through, I decided. Yes I was.

"A-a man-n," I stuttered from the lack of use of my voice but continued on, "a man, hurt m-me a-and he was g-going to h-hurt me ag-again," I stuttered out.

"Hurt you how? Are you okay ma'am? Where are you?" I told her the address and she said that the police were on the way.

I sighed in relief and slumped down against the wall. Was I finally free?

***********

Yay! She finally called the cops and I updated in a week instead of a month, I am mighty proud of not procrastinating!

Anyway, comment, vote, and follow! Until next time my lovely readers.