Chapter Seven

"Girl! I can't believe this guy! Why's he jus sittin' there like I ain't even here? I told him I was a new student he he jus waved me off," was the first thing Deb complained about as she walked back to me. She had went to tell the substitute that she was new here and ask him what he had for her to work on.

        I chewed on my bottom lip and scratched my cheek as I smiled at her in amusement. Honestly, I wish I would be able to explain the project to her, but that would mean talking and I couldn't do that. I sighed mentally and watched as Deb took the seat next to me; Jared's seat.

        Thinking about Jared brought an invasion of thoughts that I didn't want in my head. So, with a firm shake of my head, I cleared my thoughts and focused on Deb.

        For once since I met her, she was quiet, unusually quiet. I looked at her and noticed that her jaw was dropped and she was gaping at something. Confused, I turned to whatever she was looking at, only to be met with the icy, blue eyes of Jared. I sent him a silent scowl and he raised an eyebrow at me. I responded by rolling my eyes at him and looking back to Deb.

        She was still staring at Jared in shock, I'm guessing because of how attractive he was. I'm not gonna lie though, he is attractive, but his personality sucks big time.

        "You're sitting in my seat," I heard Jared tell Deb. At this, my eyes widened and I frantically shook my head at her. I didn't want to sit next to Jared, not just for what he did to me, but because I had a nightmare last night and after having this nightmare, physical contact freaked me out a little. Not so much from the female gender, but more from the male one. That's why I had no problem having any kind of physical contact with Deb, but with Jared it was different. 

        She finally cast a glance at me and her mouth was still open in shock.

        "How is there so many finnee boys at this school? Was this school hiding under a rock? A rock that I just now found?" she rambled on in a surprised voice.

        A blush covered my cheeks as I watched a smirk form on Jared's face. His eyes remained emotionless and for a brief moment I wondered just how he did that.

        "You're still in my seat," he repeated, interrupting Deb's rambling. Her eyes widened and she quickly collected her things before scrambling off the seat Jared claimed to be his. She moved to sit in front of us, but she turned in her seat to gape at him.

        He swiftly slid into his seat and grabbed the pencil off my desk. He twirled the wood around his fingers perfectly and I narrowed my eyes at him before turning in my seat to face the front, ignoring him completely.

        Suddenly, he started tapping the pencil against the surface of my desk and my eye twitched as I tried to not let my annoyance show. Instead, I kept a tight smile on my face and stared at Deb to keep my mind off of the mindless tapping.

        I absolutely loathe that sound. It was bringing on bad memories.

        The screams, the begging, the laughter. All in one big, bad memory. The crying, the pain, everything, and no matter how hard I tried to keep the tears at bay, they broke through the dam I built and rolled down my cheeks.

        I quickly looked away and tried to shield my face, but it was too late. Deb already noticed. 

        I quickly stood from my seat and grabbed my bag. I practically ran out of the classroom and into the almost empty halls. Ignoring the looks people were giving me, I rushed into one of the bathrooms and shut the door, locking it.