Chapter Three (Picture of Jared as I imagine him)

I leaned my head on my hand as I looked around the class. I was early and that meant that I was mega bored. While everyone was out in the halls with their friends, I was in the class with no one but the greasy substitute in the front.

        He was drooling on his desk and wasn't at all bothered by the fact that class was about to start and he only had one student; me. Of course, there was still ten minutes before class started, but that's besides the point.

        Suddenly the door swung open and Jared strutted into class. He casually strolled to the back of the room to the seat next to mine. The teacher had absolutely no reaction to the door slamming open. He continued to snore obnoxiously.

        The sound of the chair scraping the floor echoed around the empty class and I watched from the corner of my eye as he slumped into the chair.

        Feeling eyes on me, I turned in my seat to face Jared, meeting his icy gaze. For a moment we just stared at each other. His hair was in its usual messy style and he was wearing a black t-shirt and dark jeans along with his black Nike high tops. To describe how he looked in one word; handsome.

        As my gaze traveled up towards his face, I watched as the corner of his lips lifted into a smirk and my face flushed as I realized he saw me checking him out. I turned my eyes to the front of the class to avoid him.

        A few moments later, I felt his breath on the side of my face and froze as my eyes suddenly found the greasy teacher interesting.

        "You're cute muñeca," he whispered and as he talked, I could feel his lips brush against my ear. That's how close he was. Before he pulled away, he pressed a lingering kiss to my jaw and winked at me.

        My face was on fire by this point and I didn't know what to make of this situation. For the first time, his eyes looked playful.

        When I didn't respond, he leaned his lips back over to my ear and as I backed away from him shyly, he grabbed my chin and gently pulled me back to him.

        "There's no need to be shy amor, I'm just complimenting you," with that he pulled away and the bell rang, the students flooding into the classroom and the sub waking up. He quickly ordered the students to begin on their projects and fell back to sleep.

        "So would you like to do the research or do you want to get the outline of the project first?" his face was back to being blank and emotionless, which confused me. Why was he acting different around me? Is he embarrassed to be seen around me or something? That's probably it, I'm the mute, who wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen around me?

        His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "You look like the type of person who would like to research a topic, so you'll research muñeca," he muttered.

        After a while of him staring at me, it looked like he realized something because he shook his head.

        "You can't research without a computer. How about we research at my house after school? Meet me in front of the school and I'll drive ya," he said.

        For the rest of the period he plugged his head phones in and listened to his music as I stared out the window and got lost in my thoughts.

                                        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

        I'm in my last class of the day, but not only is it the last class of the day, it's my least favorite; gym.

        Whoever came up with the idea of physical education was obviously not bright. And whoever came up with the games that come with it wasn't much smarter. Where did dodge ball come from anyway? Anyway, the coach chose two team captains and of course I get chosen last. Not only that, but I'm in the worst team.

        At this precise moment I'm hiding behind an overweight geek who's been giving me cover for the past half hour. Suddenly he turned around and gave me a sympathetic look.

        "Sorry chick, I'm out," and he walked away.

        My heart beat accelerated and my hands got clammy. I turned to look at the other team and watched as they viciously threw the dodge ball at my team.

        "Hey girlie, why you standing there looking all lonely. How about I put you with the rest of your team?" a voice said.

        I turned to the voice to find the source, but all I saw was a red ball coming my way at full force. my eyes widened and I didn't have time to dodge it before it slammed into my right arm, knocking me to the ground.

        I grabbed my arm in pain and walked hastily to the side with the rest of my team that lost. I knew that there was going to be a bruise on my arm. I bruise easily and with the force that the jock threw the ball with, there was going to be a bruise that lasted weeks.

        If it wasn't obvious before, my team lost.

        After changing out of my gym clothes, I walked to my locker and got all my homework into my book bag along with everything I needed for the science project. As I lifted my bag onto my right shoulder, I winced as the bag brushed into my arm.

        I walked through the sea of students and it seemed like they purposefully bumped into my right arm because so many people bumped into that arm in that small amount of time that I lost count. 

        I finally reached the front of the school and sighed in both relief and dread as I breathed in the fresh air and remembered that I was going over to Jared's to start the project.

        I won't be able to rest my aching muscles quite yet.

                                                *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello! please comment what you think of the book and if I should continue. Also vote and follow please.

The spanish words and their definitions are:

muñeca: doll

amor: love

The picture on the side is how I imagine Jared, but with blue eyes. You can imagine him as you wish, I won't mind.