Chapter Nine

We were now at Jared's house and I was placing an ice pack on his knuckles for the swelling to go down. They were bruised and a bright red. I was shaking my head disappointingly at him while he just sat on his bed with me kneeling in front of him.

I shifted on my knees because the position I was in was getting uncomfortable, but before I could get into the position I wanted, I was pulled into his lap and I let out a gasp of surprise. I caught a small smirk on his lips, but he quickly hid it.

I looked at him accusingly. He said he was just going to talk to Matt. I didn't see much talking from his part.

"What? I talked to him like I said I was," he tried to defend himself, but I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned at him.

"Nina, the thing about me is that I believe in that saying, 'actions speak louder than words'," I went to get up off his lap, but he quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"C'mon muñeca, I was mad. You can't blame me," he proceeded to give me the puppy dog look and my eyes widened in surprise. Today he's shown me the most emotion and that shocked me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he shrugged his shoulders, pulling me into him tighter. I shook my head at him and placed the ice pack back onto his knuckles.

I gently rubbed my thumb over his bruised knuckles and I heard him clear his throat.

"It's fine, I'm used to it. I'm in kick boxing so this happens all the time," he confessed and I nodded, so the rumours were true.

I took the ice pack off of one of his hands and placed it on his other. He took his free hand and wrapped it around my back, slowly running his fingers up my back and playing with my hair. I jumped slightly in surprise, but he stayed serious. I felt him staring at me and I refused to look at him, keeping the ice pack firmly on his hand.

I felt the hand that was playing with my hair reach my neck and I felt him pushing my hair to one side, revealing my neck. I ignored his actions and focused on what I was doing.

I shivered as I felt his lips touch my now exposed neck. I continued to ignore him as he trailed his lips up my neck, sucking occasionally, and to my jawline. As soon as he touched the end of my jaw, my eyes closed and I let out a sigh, no longer having the strength to ignore his actions. I gripped the ice pack firmly in both of my hands as I felt his other hand reach up to cup my face and tilt it away from him so he could have better access.

He kissed up my neck again, but instead of stopping at my jawline, he continued to my cheek and to the corner of my lips. My breathing accelerated and my heart pounded. Finally, he reached my lips and pressed his soft ones on mine. His lips moved against mine slow and sensually and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing myself closer to him.

He deepened the kiss and gripped my waist, I opened my mouth to laugh and that's when he snaked his tongue into my mouth. My laughter faded away and I pressed myself even closer to him if that was even possible. Jared turned on the bed and laid me down, hovering over me. His hands ran up my arm and he grabbed the ice pack from my hands, throwing it across the room.

With the item out of my hands, I was able to run my fingers through his hair. I was getting very breathless, and he seemed to notice because he trailed his lips down my neck again. He stopped right under my ear and pulled my skin into his mouth, sucking gently. I knew he was giving me a hickey, but at the moment I didn't really care. After a few moments, he attached his lips back to mine.

His top lip was in between my lips and he pulled my bottom lip in between his sucking it into his mouth. I made a small sound in the back of my throat and that seemed to be all the encouragement he needed to kiss me harder. Ī ran my hands down his chest and around his back, running my hands over the surface of his back and back into his hair. One of his arms were supporting his weight and his other arm was gripping my hip.