Chapter 10

Everything was shaking and I briefly wondered if it was an earthquake. I don't think I remember an earthquake occurring in here.

        I squinted my eyes open and was met with the sparkling eyes of my brother, José. He was jumping on my bed, causing it to shake.

        I stared at him and he stared back.

        "Good morning Nina! Wake up for school!" and with that, he jumped off my bed and ran out of my room.

        I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched my arms out. I quickly jumped out of bed and began my morning routine.

        When I arrived at school, I walked to my locker and sifted through the books I needed, occasionally pulling out books. As I was closing my locker, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

        I swiveled around to see Deb standing behind me, a bright smile on her face, and her eyes shining.

        "Hey Nina! How you feelin'? Are you feeling better? Are you happy today? Because I certainly am happy! Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room without a roof, because I'm happy-" she was clapping along as she sang the song until she was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

        "Oh! I'm sorry, am I rambling again? I'm just so happy!" she started to mutter the words to the song again and I turned to Jared, shaking my head at her silliness.

        "You alright?" even as he asked this question with concern swimming in his eyes, a smirk was playing on his lips and I knew why.

        Just thinking about it brought a blush to my cheeks. A full-blown smirk spread across his face and he casually placed his forearm across the locker, right above my head. He then leaned down towards my ear.

        "Muñeca, I love your hair out, but you should put it up for today," he whispered and that left me confused. I guess the confusion was evident on my face because he chuckled and moved my hair to one side of my neck, leaving the other side exposed.

        He leaned down to a specific spot on my neck and pressed his lips there, kissing the skin for a few moments, and pulling away.

        Suddenly, I hear a gasp from next to me.

        "Nina! Is that a hickey on your neck? Girl, who did that to you? Ohhh, is it a secret boyfriend you haven't told me about?" Deb inquired, her face really close to my neck and I shivered as I felt her warm breath on my neck.

        She abruptly jumped back as realization took over her face. She turned towards Jared and gaped at him, her finger accusingly pointed at him.

        "Youuuu! It was you wasn't it? I should've known! Wait," she stopped and looked between us two, "are you guys together?" She questioned, her eyes widening at her own question.

        My own eyes turned wide, and I was just about to shake my head when Jared spoke first.

        "Yes,"

        My head snapped in his direction and I stared at him in shock, "what?"

        "Ohhhh girl, you caught yourself one finnneee man. I need to find myself one too..." she trailed off as she stared into space dreamily.

        I narrowed my eyes at Jared and glared at him. He smirked down at me, his eyes expressionless as usual. He sneaked his arm around my waist, but before I could get his arm off, Deb noticed.

        "Awww, look at you two! Ya'll are just too cute together. Your babies are gonna be soo frickin adorable. And when they're older, they're gonna be so attractive it's not fair," she pouted and I rolled my eyes while trying to get Jared's arm off of me. I tugged at my pony tail, still trying to let it down and hide the hickey on my neck.

        "I said to leave it up, I don't want other guys to look at what's mine," with that said, he tightened my ponytail and my face turned bright red. Possessive much?

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        The rest of the day was spent with Jared walking me to my every class and students whispering things about the 'new couple'.

        I scoffed mentally, as if they'd never seen a couple. And to be honest, we weren't even a couple to begin with. I never agreed to it.

        It was the end of the day and we were being dismissed. I sped to my locker and and rushed to put my things away. Every once in a while, I would look around to make sure Jared wasn't around.

        Satisfied that I had everything I needed, I shut my locker and turned around, only to face a hard chest.

        Nervously, I looked up at his face. His face was arranged into and expectant expression and I was taken aback for a second. He crossed his arms across his chest and stared me down. I shuffled on my feet in a nervous manner before he finally spoke.

        "Have you been avoiding me?" his dark voice reached my ears and I shook my head quickly. He looked very intimidating at the moment and I was starting to regret my decision to avoid him.

        "Don't lie to me Nina," he growled out my name and pressed his body against mine with my back against the locker. Feeling very nervous and intimidated, I slowly nodded my head.

        He chuckled and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Is he bipolar? One second he's raging and the next he's amused?

        "Oh Nina," he sighed and pressed his face into my neck where the hickey was.

        He pressed a light kiss there and started to make it darker. My eyes widened and I tried to contain my laughter, but I couldn't. I happen to be very ticklish there. Giggles escaped my lips and I clutched at the back of his neck.

        He smirked against mine and laid his forehead against it. My giggles finally stopped, but the ghost of a smile remained on my face.

        Jared slowly lifted his face and looked down at me, a smile etched across his face. I gave him a confused look and he shook his head at me.

        "Your laugh, it's beautiful."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Guys I am so sorry for taking so long to update, but I was busy with moving and starting a new school and all that jazz. But I am so sorry! I'll try to not let it happen again.

        Anyway, I don't know when the next update is going to be, but hopefully it'll be soon.

        Tell me what you thought of this chapter, the more comments and votes, the faster I will update, I promise.

        'Till next time sweetums:)