Chapter Six (picture of Deb)

When I arrived to school the next day, I made sure I steered clear of Jared. I didn't want him to see me and come talk to me. Even though there's a slight chance he won't because he ditched me. He probably didn't want to talk to me anymore.

        Why did he call me muñeca and amor if I wasn't at all important to him?

        It didn't matter to me because I decided in my ill state yesterday, that I wasn't going to show him any emotions and that I was going to ignore him just like he did to me.

        Nodding my head to myself, I wedged myself  between the sea of students to reach my locker. Approaching my locker, I opened the lock on it and pulled out all the necessary books for my morning classes.

        Up until lunch I had two classes and after lunch I had two more classes. Our classes were set up in a block scheduling manner. In which we had fewer classes, but the time in each period was extended to almost an hour and a half. Then every semester, we switched to our other four classes.

        I closed my locker and secured the lock on it before turning around and walking to my next class. I was occasionally stopped because the person in front of me either found a friend and decided to stop in the middle of the hallway, or they found out that they were heading the wrong way and turned around almost bumping into me.

        The door to my first class was open, so I walked right in and noticed that the classroom, as usual, was empty. I was usually always the first one because I had no friends to hang with before class started.

        I plopped down softly in my seat at the far end of the class and quietly took my books out. I was so quiet that the teacher didn't even notice me walk in. 

        I took out my phone, along with my headphones and clicked one of my play lists while shoving the ear buds into my ears and hearing the music flood into my ears. The song was Little Things by One Direction. I'm not that big of a fan, but some of their music was good. Like this song is so uplifting and makes my insecurities go away for the three minutes and something seconds it plays for. As soon as the song ends though, my insecurities come flooding back like a tsunami.

        I closed my eyes and sighed in contentment as one of my favorite parts came on. It was my favorite because I imagined someone saying this to me.

        "You've never loved yourself half as much as I love you,

        And you'll never treat yourself right, darlin', but I want you to.

        If I let you know I'm here for you,

        Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh."

        As my favorite part ended, I opened my eyes to see that students were starting to take their seats.

        "And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth,

        But if it's true

        It's you,

        It's you they add up to,

        And I'm in love with you,

        And all your little things."

        The song ended and I put my headphones away as I paid attention to the lesson as the teacher started to talk.

                                                                *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*