Chapter Eight

I swung my legs back and forth slightly as I sat, waiting for the nurse. Yes, I was at the nurse's office because the teacher was 'concerned' about me and my behaviour. I sighed and chanced a look at the blue eyed boy standing next to the door, only to quickly look away as I noticed he was already staring at me.

        After the teacher sent me to the nurse, Jared followed me. He hadn't said anything yet, he was just staring at me, emotionless as usual.

        I was fiddling with my fingers as the nurse, Miss Johnson, walked in. She was really young, probably one of the youngest out of the entire staff, she had shiny, blonde hair, emerald green eyes, and a body to die for.

        When guys had gym class, they would purposefully get hurt, just so that they could ogle at her. She didn't mind the attention, in fact, she would try to get as much boy attention as possible. I found it stupid to be honest.

        As she walked into the room, she obviously noticed Jared standing by the door and her walk turned into a seductive one. She turned toward Jared's direction and stood in front of him as close as possible so that it didn't look suspicious.

        "Are you the one I'm supposed to be checking?" She questioned, giving him a flirtatious smile and biting her lip.

        Jared ripped his gaze from me to look at the nurse. He gave her an emotionless look and shook his head, "No," he then gave a curt nod in my direction and she turned to look at me.

        "Oh, I almost didn't see you there," she said, shaking her head and sauntering over to me. I looked at Jared and he was back to looking at me emotionless.

        "So what seems to be the problem?" she questioned in fake concern.

        Again I looked at Jared and sent him a pleading look, but he continued to just stare at me. I looked back to the nurse when she cleared her throat.

        "I really can't help you if you don't speak up," she spoke in a stupid voice and that's when I knew that she was one of the few people that didn't know about my speaking problem.

        "She doesn't talk," Jared spoke and his deep voice held no emotion.

        "Oh," she said stupidly and her face flushed red in embarrassment, "then how am I supposed to help her if she can't tell me what"s wrong with her?" she asked staring me down.

        "She was sent here because she was found crying in the girl's bathroom. I'm guessing the teacher that found her, sent her here so that she could rest or take a break to calm down," Jared spoke again and he surprised me because that's the most I've ever heard him talk.

        "Well, if that's the case, then you may go to one of the beds over there," she pointed to the other side of the room, "and lay there for a few minutes to gather your thoughts," with that, she walked to the her desk, walking by Jared and swaying her hips even more in hopes that he'd spare her a look. He didn't and a small smile crawled its way onto my face at her desperate attempts.

        I quickly hid my smirk when Jared looked at me and hurriedly walked to the bed the nurse had pointed to.

        I sat on the edge of the bed and was just about to lay down when Jared walked over and sat on a chair next to the bed.

        I looked at him curiously and he looked back at me blankly.

        "What was that back there?" he asked and I remained silent as usual. He leaned forward in his chair and rested his elbows on his knees. He sighed deeply and rubbed his hands over his face, as if he were frustrated.