The Sorting Hat

Today we were going to Hogwarts.

Mom- alright, girls, I'm sorry. I can't watch you get on the train but I'll meet you when you get off the train.

Charlie- mom?

Mom- yea, sweetheart?

Charlie- its ok that can't watch us get on the train because you get to watch us be sorted.

Me- yeah, mom. That makes up for it.

mom smiled and gave Uncle Remus a hug.

Mom- girls, are you sure you have everything?

us- yes, mom.

Mom- ok. love you.

We all said it back and mom left for Hogwarts. Uncle Remus took us to the train station. Then we met up with Ron on the train. We met Harry and Hermione. We shared a compartment with Ron and Harry on the way there. Once the train ride was over we got off and spotted mom and Hagrid I think.

Hagrid- right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!

We walked over to them.

Hagrid- hello, Harry.

Harry- hey, Hagrid, Luna.

us- hey mom.

Harry- Luna's your mom?

Mom- yes I'm their mom.

Hagrid- right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me.

Hagrid took the lead while mom took the back. We all got into the boats and rode them to Hogwarts. I shared a bout with Jakayla and Charlie shared with Jasmine. We watched amazed as mom fly over us. We got to the castle and to professor McGonagall. Then Hagrid and mom left.

McGonagall- welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup.

Then a boy jumps forward at McGonagall's feet to caught a toad.

Neville- Trevor. Sorry.

Then he joins us again.

McGonagall- the sorting ceremony will begin momentarily.

Then she leaves us standing there. A boy with slicked back golden hair and blue eyes came over to us.

Draco- it's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. This is Crabbe, and Goyle and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy.

Ron snickers.

Draco- think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.

Draco held out his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry- I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks.

Draco glares but says nothing as McGonagall comes up behind him.

McGonagall- we're ready for you now.

She leads us into great hall. There are four long tables in the room. Each different colors. There are candles floating everywhere. The roof looked like the night sky.