13) First Words

I was startled awake by a phone ringing. I looked around to see my phone charging on the bed stand.

Without looking at the caller ID I answered it, everyone else beginning to stir.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sky?" The voice on the other end asked, making me nearly drop my phone.

"Evan? What the fuck do you want?" I asked. Jinxx scowled at me.

"I-I um, I wanted to apologise, your brothers didn't pick up their phones." He replied.

"I see why they didn't pick up. Note to self to check the caller ID next time." I replied, scowling.

"Please, I'm sorry-" Evan began.

"Fucking save it! You left us in a fucking orphanage so you could start fresh with your kids, my half sisters. Leaving me when I was fucking pregnant with three kids barely three months after my mother died! You have the nerve to say sorry?" I shrieked down the phone. The others were watching uneasily.

"Three?" Was all he could say. I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye Evan." I muttered, about to hang up but heard Evan shout down the phone.

"What?"

"At least let me bring the kids down so you can see them? They have just turned one." Evan said uneasily. I held the phone away from my face.

"Dad, when are we going to New York?" I asked him.

"Couple weeks, why?" He asked.

"I'll call you when I'm in New York, but this isn't for you, it's for my sisters." I stated, hanging up. The others just stared at me.

"What did he say?" Jinxx asked me gently.

"Mother fucker wanted to apologise, I said no, then he wanted to arrange to meet up so I could see Lex and Liv, so I told him I'd call him when I was in New York and that I was doing it for the twins not him." I replied quickly.

"That was your stepdad?" Kai asked sleepily. I nodded.

"Little fucker." I muttered just as the nurse walked in.

"Good morning Kai, your ok to go once the papers have been signed." She smiled. His mother scrambled to her feet and followed the nurse, who gave Kai the clothes he had when he got Shot.

"Here, put this on instead." Kayden offered, pulling off his red flannel and handing it to his brother who took it gratefully. We all waited outside whilst he changed.

Once he was done he came out, a small smile on his face.

"Come on, I want to get out of here." He chuckled. We all stood up and walked over to the reception, where his mother was waiting for him.

"I called your father and he's coming up." His mother told them. Kai's eyes nearly burst out of his head.

"What the fuck? Why?" Kai cried out indignantly.

"Because he's your father and he cares." His mum replied.

"Pff, it looked like he really cared when he walked away." Kayden muttered.

"See! Even the sensible one says it!" Kai cried out.

"Not know boys." Their mum sighed, walking out the hospital.

"I bet he's only going to come and try to apologise to mum. He won't give a fuck about his kids." Kai hissed.

"You never know, he might say sorry to you." Kayden shrugged.