23) The Wedding (party)

Once everyone had come and said congratulations, we went and found our seats inside.

Me and Nate sat in the middle of the 'head' table, the females on right, mum right next to me, the males on my left, with dad next to Nate. Charlie and Phoenix on a table with Uncle Jay, Ethan and Holly.

For the starter was Prawn Cocktail, (dad chose the menu) main was roast lamb, and the pudding was a chocolate creme brûlée thing with a short bread biscuit on top.

The kids I noticed had posh garlic bread, then chicken nuggets and chips, then ice cream, which made me slightly jealous. Dad stood up and announced his presence or whatever. All buzzing chatter stopped and all heads turned to look up at us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as father of the bride, it's my privilege to make the first speech, and I'd like to start by saying what a pleasure it is to welcome you all to Sky & Nate's wedding.

I want to welcome Nate's brother, Nicholas, and all the relatives and friends of both families, and to thank you all for coming, especially those of you who have travelled great distances to be here today. It's really great to see you all.

Today, we on the top table are surrounded by most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. And by your presence today, you show your friendship and love, and bring even greater joy to this wonderful day.

Unfortunately, we are missing Three very important people however - Sky's Mother, sister Heaven, and first born son, Zander, who i am sure were watching the wedding proudly from above. In the meantime, I would be grateful if you will raise your glasses in their honour - to Zander, Heaven & Mrs Bostwick. Thank you.

I'm also pleased to formally welcome Nate into the family, although, as far as we're concerned, he's been part of the family for ages. During the time that we have known Nate, we have come to realize just how special he is to Sky - anyone can see that they're made for each other. I'm sure you'll agree they make a beautiful couple.

A lot of effort has gone into making this the special day that Sky and Nate deserve, and I'd like to make particular mention of a few of the people concerned.

Nate's brother, Nicholas, has made a big contribution towards the success of today, and I'd like to thank him for all his efforts. Also, Sky and Nate themselves have worked hard, and with great enthusiasm to make the necessary arrangements, with lots of stress between school and the kids.

I'd also like to thank the staff of the Parsonage for helping to make this a special day.

And there's another person who has worked tirelessly over many months to create the handmade invitations, the Orders of Service, and the menu cards, which I'm sure you'll agree were fabulous. Also, her talents extended to preparing all the table decorations that you see before you. She would say that it was a labour of love, and I know how much Sky and Nate appreciate her efforts, but I'd like add my thanks and propose a toast to the mother of the bride - to Sammi.

I am really fortunate that my daughter has met her Mr. Right. Of course, marriage isn't just about finding the perfect partner, but also about being one. Sky has made such a success of her life so far, that I'm sure her marriage to Nate will be just as successful.

Sammi and I have been looking forward to this day for a long time...not because we want to hand over responsibility for our daughter, but because it's a proud day for us to see Sky so happy, and so in love - and looking so beautiful today.