Chapter 13: I'm Just Kidding

Riley's P.O.V

My thoughts were disturbed as Luke called my name.

"Hm? Sorry" He chuckled at me.

"It's okay beautiful, anyway we're going to be there soon"

"Mkay" I sighed out changing the station and adjusting my air.

****

We pulled into the valet/drop off area. One of the valet opened the door for me, giving me a kind smile and I, returning the favour. Luke came around the car and snaked his arm around my waist, walking me up the hallway into the restaurant.

"Joe's Stone Crab" I whispered in amazement. I've heard of this place and it has high reviews, and I always wanted to come here when I was younger.

"Name?" The Maître D asked politely.

"Luke Hemmings"

"Ah, right this way Mr and Mrs Hemmings" Leading the way, we followed after him.

"Do we really look that old?" I asked Luke, suggesting to the reasoning he called us Mr and Mrs Hemmings, suggesting were married? He let out a light laugh and kissed my cheek bone.

"Here we are, have a lovely night" he said smiling. Me and Luke both replied a thank you as we looked at our menus. A waiter came and poured us each a glass of water, setting the pitcher of water on a serving platter.

"Welcome to Joe's Stone Crab, my name is Kevin and I'll be your waiter for the night" he said flashing a smile.

"May I start you off with another drink?"

"Uh I'm okay for now, how about you darling?"

"I uh..." My words got caught up in my throat and I couldn't get them out. Shit. This fucking anxiety.

"Wanna order something? Too bad, you can't" my anxiety mocked at me. Looking over at Luke, I hoped he picked up on my signal.

"And she's good for now too.." The server nodded, leaving me and Luke to look over the menu.

"I-I'm sorry" my voice stuttered out.

"Hey hey no, it's okay" he said smiling at me and reaching slightly across the table and lifting my chin up. Giving me a reassuring look, he took his hand away.

"So Riley, talk to me"

"About?"

"You"

"I'm not good at that.."

"Okay, how about we talk about what that was about" he asked calmly not to come off pushy.

Luke P.O.V

I looked at her kindly, hoping she didn't feel pressured into telling me what the deal was with the waiter.

"Well" she started off.

"I uh, I have mild social anxiety..."

I nodded and she looked shamefully down at her lap.

"So baby..." I said in a weird voice. She shifted her eyes up at me and a smile broke out on her lips. I chuckled.