Prolouge

Kelly~

My palms were sweating. My leg was bouncing up and down, repeatedly. My lips were dry. I wanted to get up pace around the room, but i had to stay seated. I've always dreamt of being here, experiencing this moment. Even though, i was born ready, it was still a nerve-wracking & surreal experience. I was at the 2015 NBA Draft Pick.

I was confident, yet scared. Anxious is the perfect word to describe me and the thoughts going through my head.

"What if you dont get First Round Pick?"

"What if no one wants you?"

"What if your stuck in the D-League?"

"Then again, what if you get 1st overall pick?"

"What if you go to one of the best teams in the league, such as the Warriors or Clippers?"

"What if you get a 5 million+ contract?"

I sighed, trying to push all of the "what ifs" questions to the back of my head.

My dad looked over and patted my back.

"Its ok Jr. You got this son." He said lowly.

I slightly smiled and nodded. As much as i wanted to say my dad is right, you can never be too sure in the game of Basketball. Sometimes, you believe things will go one way and they go completely left.

Breaking my thoughts, was the loud yelling of "boo's" as our commisioner, Adam Silver, walked up on stage.

I chuckled, because every year its the same thing. Nobody likes this guy.

"Hello. I am your commisoner, Adam Silver. Today i am proud to present to you the 2015 NBA Draft Pick and the future of our NBA. Each and every one of you guys deserve to be here. All of your efforts throughout high school and college finally recieved the proper recognition, and now here we are. I am honored to celebrate this special part of your career with you all and hopefully, everyone's dreams come true."

Everyone lightly clapped as he continued.

"O.k. Let's get started. With the first pick, in the 2015 NBA draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select... Karl Anthony Towns! From the University of Kentucky."

The whole croud, including myself, burst into cheers as he smiled and went up to recieve his new NBA gear and take pictures.

This went on for the next 45 minutes, in this order:

D'Angelo went to the Lakers

Jahlil went to the 76ers

Kristaps went to the Knicks

Mario went to the Magic

Willie went to the Kings

Emmanuel went to the Nuggets

Stanley went to the Pistons

Frank went to the Hornets

Justise went to the Heat

Myles went to the Pacers

Trey went to the Jazz

Devin went to the Suns

Cameron went to the Thunder

I was happy for them, i knew them all one way or another, but 14 picks and 14 teams later, i still haven't been selected.