Chapter 8: 'Tis The Season Part 1

I just want you for my own,

More than you could ever know,

So make my wish come true,

Oh baby all i want for Christmas...

Is you!

~Mariah Carey x All I want for Christmas is you~

(Song in MM)

~1 1/2 month later (Christmas Eve)~

Kelly P.O.V

I looked up at the shot clock.

"15 seconds." I thought to myself.

I quickly sidestepped Carmelo Anthony and dribbled down the court. As I was going up for a layup, I saw Kristaps Porzingins, The Knicks' center, go up for a block.

I floated it off to Bradley who made a perfect jump-shot resulting in the ball splashing right through the net as the buzzer beater went off, signaling the end of the 4th quarter.

The crowd erupted in cheers as if this was like an early Christmas present.

I went over to Carmelo clapping him up, being he was one of my idols growing up.

"Good game, mayne. I've always wanted to meet you."

"That means a lot young blood. You really have talent, good job out there tonight." He smiled.

"Thank you, thank you. Same goes for you."

"Thanks man. I gotta get going, but next time I see you I won't be taking an L."

I chuckled. "We'll see."

We dapped up one more time and went our separate ways; Him with his team and me into the locker room with mine.

"Wooh! Thank God we don't have a game tomorrow." Kris breathed out as we changed.

"Yeah we don't got one 'till the 27th right?" John asked.

"I think so. We going to Chi-town!!" Nenê yelled, overly-hype.

"Chill." I laughed. "What ya'll doin' for the holidays?"

"Going to my mom's house and having our regular Christmas feast." Bradley shouted from the other side of the room.

"Same. Ima probably go to church tonight, then tomorrow just chill with the fam." John nodded.

"Yeah, my family is flying out tomorrow at 5 and we just gon' hang before they gotta go back." I added putting on some more deodorant, a shirt and basketball shorts.

"What's lil sis doin'?" Nenê asked me reffering to Alexsa.

"You know her deal when it comes to family, so I'm gonna just ask her to go out with me tonight, probably go see the tree and all that extra stuff that females like, and then tomorrow she can spend the day with me if she want." I shrugged.

"Aww. Look at Kelly!!" Otto cooed, sounding feminine.

"Oh you go out with that girl Kris danced with for that game?" Marcin smirked.

(In an earlier chapter, they partnered up and Kelly ended up going with Jelena, Kris with Alexsa. Ya'll remember now? Ight coo')

"Ohhh I think Kel found himself a cheerleader!" The team yelled in unison, TRYING to sing.