Chapter 3: Set Up Part 1

"No denial of the truth, will ever invalidate it."
~ Nikki Rosen

Kelly P.O.V

"NO!!!! I don't have feelings for Alexsa!" I yelled at the rest of the team as we prepared for game 2 of the season.

"The party said otherwise." John said smirking.

I clenched my jaw, slowly getting frustrated with my teammates.

"I see why y'all chose ball, you guys dont have the mental capacity to understand or do anything else." I placed my head in my hands. "All i want is to beat it up... And dip. But in case you guys haven't noticed, it's not gonna be that easy, so i gotta pretend like i really want her."

"So answer me this Oubre, why her? Why can't you just find some other groupie to do the same with?" Beal asked.

"When you have to chase her, it's a challenge. So when i finally get Alexsa where i want her, i can say i did that, i won."

"Because you're bragging rights mean that much." Nenê said sarcastically.

"Yup. They do. But I'm done explaining myself, it shouldn't have gotten this far anyway." I said as i stood up, my bones cracking in response to the position i was in from tying my shoes.

"When you and Alexsa get more serious then your so called intentions-"

I cut Beal off, "That's not gonna happen so you can shut that idea down from now."

Not wanting to hear anymore of my team's predictions and opinions, i walked onto the court using these next 2 hours to practice for tonight's game.

*********

Alexsa's P.O.V

I watched as Kelly ran down the court, crossing Kobe over and using that as an opportunity to drive into the paint and score a lay up.

The team cheered and hooted in his honor as Hibbert hopped up getting the rebound.

I was giddier than ever for the simple fact that we were up by 23 against the Lakers... And I hate Kobe. Don't get me wrong, I'll always have respect for him as a player, but i just think he's overrated. In reality, his career was over about 9 years ago. No shade, just honest.

"ALEXSA!" Gabby shouted causing me to flinch.

"What do you want?!" I mugged her.

"Me and Melissa have been calling you for a while and you weren't answering. Like dang, i know you were feeling Kelly and all, but you-"

"Shut up. Y'all are aggy with that "You feeling Kelly". No, if i wanted him i could've and would've gotten him, but i dont. All those assumptions and thoughts, you guys can kiss goodbye. I dont want him, period. Yall talk about him more than me. And I'm the one that likes him? If he so cute and you guys are really wondering about him that much, then go sleep with him. Whether it's individually, together, i do not care. Just fall back on me. Why? Because at the end of the day, even if i felt something towards Kelly, that's MY business. Gabby, i know you want Wall, do i comment on it every chance i get? No. Melissa, i know you want Nenê, do i bug you about it? Negative. So I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't bring it up so often. With that being said, for the last frigging time, I DO NOT LIKE KELLY. If you all think otherwise keep those thoughts to yourself." I fumed as the buzzer went off, signaling halftime, and i stood up.

I really wanted to curse them out, but i decided to use the little descency i have, and not wild out on them because those are my girls.

I took a deep breath as i stood in the middle of the floor ready to dance away all negative energy and stress.

******

Next Night- Friday

"Hola mami. Guess what?" Melissa asked as soon as i answered the phone.

"What?"

"Be ready in 30 minutes because me and Gabby are picking you up."

"What? Why?" I paused the new episode of "Bring It", now confused.

"Think of it as an apology. Just dress nicely yet casual. Hurry up!" She hung up.

I shook my head and got up turning off the T.V while making a mental note to finish the episode when i got home.

Once upstairs, i stepped into my shower and let the scorching hot water drip down my body. Remembering i was on a schedule, i started soaping down in my "Victoria Secret Amber Blush" body wash.

20 minutes later, i was slipping on a bra when "Girl" by Destiny's Child, started playing. Already knowing it was Melissa or Gabby, i picked up.

"We outside!" Gabby answered.

"Ill be there soon." I responded and hung up.

Not wanting to put on underwear since i know I'll be uncomfortable, i just slipped on a 2 piece Green and Blue outfit with some Neude Red Bottoms and purse.

(Outfit in MM)

I turned off my lights and went into the living room and then the guest bathroom. I took off my shower cap and head tie, then brushed my hair and twisted the right side, adding bobby pins to keep in tact.

Once i was finished, i set my alarm and stepped outside getting into Melissa's White "Kia K900 2015".

"You lucky im straight." Gabby said turning around in her passenger seat.

I chuckled. "Thank you."

"Probably make a gay man reconsider." Melissa quoted J Cole as she backed our of my driveway and into the lit streets of D.C.

We bust out laughing. "Foolish." I said in between breaths.

Melissa hopped on the highway and I frowned.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Baltimore Pier." Gabby responded.

I nodded taking out my phone and scrolling through my TL on Instagram.

"Ooh turn this up!" I yelled, stopping what i was doing.

"Yaaas! This used to be the song!" Melissa said raising the volume.
Nelly and Kelly Rowland blared through the speakers as "Dilemma" played.

We sung at the top of our lungs and began rapping when Nelly's part came on. Then laughed afterwards.

Kelly P.O.V

I waited in the booth for my "date" patiently as i spoke on the phone with my pops.

"Yeah. The next game is actually there against the Pelicans... I got you.... For sure..... Alright.... One love"

I hung up and checked my watch; 10:57.

To pass time, i went on the ESPN app, seeing the latest sports news they had to offer.

As soon as i closed the application, i got a phone call.

"Hey Kelly, she's coming in now, we told her to go in while we supposedly look for parking."

"Wait... if you're her ride, how's she getting home?" I frowned.

"Your welcome, Oubre."

Once i hung up, i kept my eyes on the door waiting for her to walk in. When she did, i had to do a double take and force my lips not to part and drop.

I saw her about to talk to the hostess and took that as my cue to get up.

"Table for-"

"She's with me." I said grabbing her hand and moving us out of line.

"You have got to be kidding me!" She said folding her arms and letting out a heavy, frustrated, sigh.

"The table is this way, Alexsa."