Chapter 16: Pt. 2

No teasing, you waited long enough. Go deep, imma throw it at ya! Can you catch it? Don't hold back, you know I like it rough. Know I'm feeling ya, huh. Know you liking it, huh.

~Rihanna/Skin~

Kelly P.O.V

After about 10 more minutes of laughter, I got out of the pool and dried off before going inside my room to grab a basketball. I felt bad that my baby was mad at me, but all of this could've been avoided if she wasn't always tryna talk reckless and get a reaction out of people.

I grabbed my phone off of my dresser and placed it in my pocket before exiting the room and heading to the gym area of the hotel. There I saw a couple of my niggas, other occasional opponents, and some dudes I ain't really vibe with.

Amongst that last group of guys was D'Angelo Russell.

He saw me and smirked before walking over to where I stood. I continued practicing 3 point shots even when he stood right next to me. I honestly didn't know why he was anywhere near me being he knew what the play was when it came to me and him. After finding about him spitting game to Alex, I hit him up telling him to fall back on what's mine or I would handle him personally. So far, so good, but I don't put nothing past flaw ass niggas like himself.

"Kelly Oubre Jr." He patted my shoulder.

I snatched his arm off of my skin and faced him. "You know about me, what you want?"

"Woah, woah, woah!" He laughed. "Why all the hype? I can't see what's up with my opponent?"

"You gonna see what's up with me on that court tonight, all this extra chit chat is unnecessary."

"You think you got what it takes to beat us tonight? I mean you alright, but you ain't really got shit on me when you compare the stats."

I laughed loudly as I continued to run around making just about every shot I took. "You just make sure you ain't recording any conversations that can jeopardize you and your team's game plan... or any relationships."

"You know it's funny that you mention ruining relationships because I saw Alexsa fine ass on my way over here. She had on these shorts and crop top and when I tell you that ass was sitting so right, I mean damn I had to fight he urge to just feel on it and show her I can give her what you ain't. So you see at first she was looking kinda down, but as soon as she saw me that pretty little face lit up and she was all smiles. Couldn't take her eyes off my chest or anything now that I think about it. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me it was something to do with her relationship and not to worry about it, but you know what Kelly? I can't help, but wonder- why the hell you playing with something so fine and so right?  You gone mess around and she gone end up with a real nigga, like myself. And let me tell you something young blood- if I ever get someone as beautiful as that, I ain't never gone ruin my chances."

As soon as he finished, I raised my hand to beat his ass, but he grabbed my fist. "Hit me and you can kiss playing in that rookie showcase goodbye."

He laughed walking off and I stood there pissed off with not only him, but myself as well.