Chapter 6: Chopped

There are wounds that never show on the body,
That are deeper, And more painful,
Than anything that bleeds...
~Laurel K Hamilton

{Quick A.N: This book will not be any more than 25 chapters. However there will be a sequel. I got it all mapped out lol. Anyway thanks for all the love you guys show this book. It means a lot.
😍😘❤️
Love, Kayla Alsina}

Kelly P.O.V

"Yee! We in my hometown!" I yelled as we stepped off the plane.

The team had just arrived in New Orleans for the game against the Pelicans and I was
hype! My closest family and friends lived down here so I couldn't wait to link up with them.

"Yeah you gon' have to show your boy around." John nodded.

"Hook me up too." Nenê added.

"Well I was actually thinking about having a cookout with some of the fam, if ya'll wanna slide through by all means..."

"Tuh! Ima definitely be there, A home-cooked meal sound so good right now." Nenê told me as we grabbed our bags.

"I feel you." John agreed.

I laughed. "I got ya'll. We'll talk more about it later."

Coach started talking, making us end the prior conversation.

"Alright I'm gonna let ya'll get settled. Check into your hotel, get something to eat and whatever else, just be to the arena by 2. We're going to practice to about 5. Then you guys are free to do whatever, however, curfew's at 10:00 since we have another practice in the morning at 8."

I silently cursed under my breath as all of the team agreed and started walking towards the entrance of the airport.

"Umm coach can I holla at you real quick!" I shouted.

He looked back and started making his way towards me.

"Everything good?" Nenê asked.

"Nah, if i gotta get everything together for this little getty ima have, i can't guarantee it'll be done by 10." I said as I shoved my hands in my pocket.

A couple seconds later coach was in front of me.

"Coach, as you know I'm from here..."

"Yes Oubre, I know. What do you want, I don't have all day." He looked at his watch.

"Alright I was wondering if me John and Nenê can skip curfew." I scratched the back of my neck. "It's for good reason! I have family down here who I haven't seen since the draft and we're only here for the night, so I wanted to hang out with them..."

He frowned and pointed to John and Nenê. "What does this have to do with them?"

"Coach I can't get into all of that, but on everything I got, I promise we won't be late for practice tomorrow.

He stayed silent for a minute. "You guys better be there on time, ready to work, and no one should know about this. If... You guys can't do something as simple as that, Oubre your benched since it was your idea, and you two," He reverted his attention to behind me. "Ya'll are only playing a max of 15 minutes. Both go for the next 3 games."

We all agreed.

"Alright. Remember be to the arena by 2!" He yelled as he started walking away.

*******

"Name under Kelly Oubre."

"John Wall."

"Nenê Hilario."