Chapter 1: First Game

(Alexsa, Kelly, Washington Wizards Cheerleaders in MM!)

"How long you ball?
All day n*gga!!"
~Kanye West x All Day

Alexsa~

(4 months later, October 27th, 2015)

"Alright girls... For some of you, this is your first game in the big leagues and with NBA players. For others, this is something your used to. My point is, everything that we've been practicing, is going to be displayed on that court. We perform twice and both times we have to go hard. You guys know the drill, so my advice to you is dont let your nerves invade your common sense. You know what you have to do, so do it." Ahsha smiled.

"Yeah, i agree with Ahsha. We show up and we show out." Jelena added.

Over these past 4 months, me and Jelena have kept out of each others way. Obviously she is still the coach and she has to do her job, but the disrespect is gone. As it should be. I say nothing to her and she says nothing to me, unless it has something to do with the routine of course. Im not coming for you, unless you come for me and for her sake, i'd like to believe, she doesn't want that.

"Well, we go out in 10 minutes, so lets try both routines, one more time." Jelena clapped.

We all ran into place as the music began.

Kelly~

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.   I do, and I demand that my players do. The country is full of good coaches. What it takes to win is a bunch of interested players."  Coach started as we were in the locker room.

It was the first game of the NBA season and we were up against the Cavaliers. I was nervous, but thank God it was a home game so we were gonna have a lot of support from our fans.

"Now, im not gonna sit here and say, "you guys got this" because that may not necessarily be the case. The cavaliers went to the Finals, making them the 2nd hardest team to beat right now. They're gonna give us a run for our money, so we gotta be prepared and do the same. More than likely, its the same starting lineup meaning:
Dellavedova is gonna be on the 1 {Point Guard}
J.R on the 2 {Shooting Guard}
Of course you have LeBron on the 3 {Small Forward}
Love on the 4 {Power Forward}
And Mozgov being the 5 {Center}"

Everyone nodded and agreed as he continued.

"Because Kyrie's injured and Dellavedova is taking his place, Wall this should be easy for you. Mess him up with your ball handling. Control him like Curry did during the finals. Shut him down. That should be automatic. Now, the Cavs aren't the only ones with a new lineup..." Coach trailed off.

Everyone frowned.

"Whatchu mean?" Humphries asked.

He sighed. "Welp!... Your teammate, ex teemate is leaving us. Everyone say goodbye to Paul. I didnt want to tell you guys under these circumstances, but the information was confidential and it was honestly best for you guys not to know."

Half of the team shook their heads, while the other half, including me, mouths dropped.

"Guys, it's been great training and working with you guys, but my NBA career is coming to an end soon and I've decided that ima sign and retire with the clippers." Paul stepped forward.

"But who's gonna take your place?" I asked confused.

"You." He said. "That's why coach been putting u in all those plays at practice."

My eyebrows shot up. "Uh, i, -"

"Ay coach, yall shoulda been told us this. We not even prepared to throw Oubre into our lineup and he's just a rook. He's not prepared to play in the big leagues unless its for, at most, 6 or so minutes." Nenê says looking dead at me.