Chapter 5

I hit the water with a loud splash. The water was freezing and my lungs felt like they were on fire. I started to swim back up to get air and when I did everyone was cheering including Dustin.

I swam to the river bank and laid in the grass. My legs ached from hitting the water and I was tired from swimming. Dustin swam up to me while siting beside and starred at me. I just realized I was still wearing my bra and panties.

"I'm gonna get my clothes" I said standing up.

"Why? You look beautiful like that"

That was the first time he called me beautiful other than sexy or something degrading. He called me beautiful. I felt a little smile leave my mouth without him seeing.

I walked up and retrieved my clothes, putting them on. It was freezing and I really wished I wouldn't have left my jacket in Dustin's car. Dustin came beside me, fully dressed and wrapped his leather jacket around me. 

"Thanks Howell"  I said. 

"Don't mention it, you look better in it anyway" He said. No you do

I looked at him and smiled and he returned one as well. I loved his smiled. It was the first time his smiled seemed genuine instead of that goddamn smirk of his. 

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I gave him a frown and he grabbed my hand. We walked over to the rest of everyone and Dustin went to get another beer. He handed me one but I didn't want to tell him I've never drank alcohol before. I took a sip anyway and it was disgusting. I think Dustin could tell as he looked over and must have saw that stupid face I made. There he goes with that smile.

"Hey Dustin what time is it?" I asked.

"3:23″ He said looking at his phone.

"I need to get home" I said to him.

"What come on it only 3! They party has just begun doll-face" Parker said coming beside us.

"I'm just tired and I wanna go home before my mom does" I said.

"Patrick is it okay if you ride with Chase and Parker. I'm gonna take her home and Ill meet you guys later" Dustin said to Patrick.

"That's fine" Patrick said taking a swig of something in a flask.

Dustin grabbed my hand and we walked back to his car. 

"Can I get your number?" He asked.

"Why? So you can stalk me?" I said giggling.

"No just in-case. You never know and I promise I wont stalk you" He said smiling and we exchanged numbers.

I must have fell asleep on the way. I felt Dustin shake my shoulders.

"Wake up sweetheart" he said.

I fluttered my eyes and saw we were in the parking lot of my flat. It was a short walk to the lobby of my flat.

"You want me to walk you up to your flat?" He asked.

"No I'm fine"

"Please let me. Its dark and from what happened earlier I want safe." He insisted.

"Okay" I said and he helped me out the car.

 As we were about to reach the lobby about 4 guys walked out from behind the corner.

"Well well well boys look who we have here." The bigger one said to the other guys.

"Go up to your flat ill meet you in a sec ok." Dustin whispered in my ear. I was frozen. 

"Wheres my money Howell?" The man said.

"Fuck off Smith I don't the money on me now" Dustin said to him.

"Well Howell its been a week and I need my fucking money." Smith said.

"I said I don't have your goddamn money"

"Well I don't want my boys to have to teach you a lesson about stealing from me."

"Go home Riley now!" Dustin said as he pushed me behind him.

"Awe let the lady watch. She might see what a real man is like" the guy said.

"Riley!" Dustin said louder. I started to walk around the corner to the lobby. I heard faint yelling but couldn't make out what they were saying.

As I reacted my flat I left the door unlocked in case Dustin came. After a few minutes I tried calling him. No answer. I called 4 more times and still no answer. I started to panic and decided f I should call the police. I wish I could call Patrick or the rest to find him. I started to cry.

 I must have fell back to sleep as I heard my phone start to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it said Dustin. A huge smile went across my face.

"Dustin hey are you okay??" I said as I picked up the phone.

"Hey Riley its Patrick somethings happened to Dustin" He said

I went silent. I didn't know what to say. 

"Wh-What happened to him Patrick" I said in a panicky voice. 

"He is gonna be okay. He's not dead just beat up but he wont shut up about you. He wants you to come over. Can you come  to his house, Ill give you directions." Patrick said. 

"Yea Ill be there soon" 

Patrick gave me the directions and my hand was shaking. I left a note in-case I wasn't home before my mom and I left my house. I jumped in my car and on the way there I had tears in my eyes. I don't know why I was caring about this guy and I hated to admit that I have feelings for him.

Shit I have feelings for him.