Chapter 10

I dropped the phone and I could hear Parker still taking on the phone. I didnt know what to say I felt numb. About 5 minutes in it hit me. Dustin's been shot. My Dustin. My tough, asshole, sexy, perfect Dustin has been shot.

I got dressed and grabbed my phone and purse. I called a cab ,since I came here with Dustin, and drove to the hospital. I walked into the waiting room and saw Chase, Parker, and Patrick. Patrick looked like he was about to cry, Parker had his head in his hands, and Chase was leaning against the wall.

"Guys" is all I could manage to say.

Parker looked up and came to me. "He's in surgery right now"

"Is he gonna be ok?" I said crying now.

"We dont know yet they say he lost a lot of blood" Parker said getting choked up. I started crying more and Parker pulled me into a hug.

For almost 3 years these guys picked on my and treated me like shit including Dustin and now im in the waiting room hugging and crying with them over Dustin. They felt like friends and I felt a little better.  

"I tried to find him Riley I tried to stop Smith" He whispered.

"Smith did this??" I said.

"Yea Dustin called me and I called an ambulance. I tried to kill that bastard Riley he is still loose." Parker said with his eyes tearing up.

"Its okay lets not worry about that now" Patrick said coming up to us.

After a couple of minutes I stopped crying and waited for the doctor to come out and say if Dustin is okay. After an hour the doctor finally came out to us.

"Is he ok?" Chase said to the doctor.

"He is stable and his surgery went well. Right now he is asleep and you can see him when he wakes up" The doctor said.

I felt relief. My Dustin is safe, he is alive. I started crying tears of joy and hugged Patrick.

When we were allowed to see him they said only one at a time and the guys said I should be the one he firsts sees.

I walked into the room where Dustin was. He had so many tubes in his nose and was hooked up to so many machines I felt my breath hitch.The heart monitor was beeping and I saw his chest rise up and down. Dustin's alive. I walked over to the chair beside him and grabbed his hand. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Hey sweetheart" He said with a big smile across his face.

"Hey Dustin did I wake you?"

"No Ive been up for a little bit. They wont let me smoke in here though" he said.

"Dustin" I said with a stern face. He smirked. That smirk. "I thought I lost you" I started crying.

"No baby stop Im fine. Just my leather jacket has a gunshot hole and blood in it and im pissed about that"

"Baby" I said chuckling.

"When are you allowed to leave?" I asked him.

"I don't know they said I have to wait and see if Im stable enough to leave." He pulled up his hospital gown and showed me his stomach. It was wrapped around in bandages. "It hurts like a bitch but at least Ill have a bad-ass scar"

"What happened Dustin why did Smith do this" I said still letting tears fall down my face.

"He shot me after I punched him in the face. By the way I broke that fuckers nose and the nurse said the cops got a hold of him and his guys"

"What were you doing at 4 am anyway? Where you trying to pick a fight with him?" I said and it sounded meaner than I wanted it to.

"He wanted his money and I went to give it to him. If I didn't, he would have hurt you." 

I stopped breathing and was glad the cops found those guys before they could get to me. Or us.

"Dustin what if the cops come and arrest you for drug dealing"

"I technically didn't drug deal."

"Dustin please don't get arrested I don't wanna lose you"

"You're not baby girl" He kissed me on the nose.

"Patrick and them wanna see you" I said. I left the room and told the guys that they could see Dustin.

I walked around the hospital, still trying to get a hold of my nerves. I walked into the gift shop and saw this little blue bear with a leather jacket that said get well soon. I smiled and held the little bear. It reminded me of Dustin so much with its leather jacket and teddy bear smile. I paid for it and walked up to Dustin's room. Chase and Parker were gone and it was just Patrick. He was asleep on the chair and I walked over to Dustin who was on his phone.

"Free wifi" he said with a smile.

"You're horrible" I leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Look what I got you"

I handed them the little blue bear and he smiled. "You're so perfect" He smiled and pulled me into a kiss.

The doctor came in and said Dustin would stay in the hospital for around 5 days if everything goes well. Dustin was gonna miss school and I wonder if his aunt and uncle would try and contact him. I had to go back to school tomorrow. I really needed to be with him but exams were this week and this was my last year in then it was off to Uni.  I really wanted to graduate and I doubt I would see Dustin after high school but I wanted to be with him everyday.

But for now I just stayed with Dustin. I really liked him so much after everything we've been through these couple of days, I was just glad to be with him more than anything. Dustin was going to be okay.