Stormy Nights. (Pietro Maximoff x Reader)

{I have a fear of storms myself and its pretty bad too. I wrote this while it was storming badly outside and I hope you like it!}

You  felt alone, It was a very stormy night and thunder rumbled loudly every few minutes. You were scared, and were huddled in your  room with your comforter a top your head. You had always been afraid of storms but not to the point of getting panic attacks, But they still scared you enough to want someone to be with you. You wanted to try and stick out this storm alone. Ever since you had joined the Avengers, you had been learning to deal with storms yourself and slowly get over your fear but this storm was particularly nasty. So you figured you could just ask someone from the team to help you, you contemplated about who from the Avengers you could choose from.. you wanted to pick someone you had been friends with for long enough so it wouldn't be too awkward. You knew Bruce was not an option, You saw him as a friend and Tony was a hell no because he would laugh at you the whole time, So you had settled on Steve the wonderful Captain America.

You quietly crept out of the  room, the blanket still on your  head   and into the halls of Avengers Tower. You padded down to Steve's room and just as you were about to knock, You suddenly felt a flush of anxiety and didn't want to wake Steve up. He had been so stressed lately and barely got sleep anymore, sure, you're  good friends, and  sure he wouldn't mind but you would feel bad for bothering him  and that would just add to the emotions you were feeling. You stood for a moment before turning around, thinking up ways to keep yourself distracted from the raging storm. As you started to head back to your room, you felt a gust of wind and immediately knew it was the oh so famous Speedster; Pietro. For a split second you thought about asking him but you quickly dismissed the idea and besides even if you had wanted to He was long gone by now...

Suddenly you felt a tap on the shoulder and at that exact moment a ear-splitting crack of thunder happened. You screamed and tried to run away from both the noise and the person who tapped you as well but you tripped on your blanket and fell face first. you let go of the blanket to put your hands out and it floated down covering you.

You heard a small chuckle, suddenly light flooded your little blanket cave as Pietro lifted the blanket off your head. You looked up at his beautiful blue eyes and his ruffled silver hair,

"That was quiet a spill. " The Sokovian said. His perfect accent distracting you for a moment. But another boom of thunder rolled threw the sky and it was even louder then the first. Suddenly the power cut out, you were usually fine when the lights are on but when power goes out that's when you really start to panic. You yanked the blanket back and covered yourself.  You whimpered and started crying..feeling stupid and sounding like a child. The lights turned back on (thanks to Tony's wonderful ways of powering the building) Suddenly your blanket was no longer covering your face but was now wrapped around your shoulders.  and Pietro was kneeling in front of you, his hands were placed gently on your arms and he was staring at you tentatively with his piercing blue eyes, 

Then more tears fell down your face.

"(Y/n) are you crying? Whats wrong?" Pietro asked his voice was soft and filled with concerned. You almost didn't want to tell him because of how childish it was but you needed help..

"I..I'm.. scared of storms." you said slowly. He chuckled a bit and you immediately felt stupid.

"I..know its.. childish but I've always had it.." You added crying a little more. Immediately Pietro stopped chuckling and wiped away a few of your  tears. You looked at him, his eyes filled with empathy. Suddenly you  found yourself back in your room, on  the bed and your blankets were huddled around you. But you didn't see Pietro anywhere, you felt  fear begin to creep back and started crying again as you pulled the blankets tighter around yourself.  When you were  younger your mother used to watch Tv with you, or read to you. You at least had to have someone with you to distract you from the storm. Another low rumble of thunder bellowed outside the window it shook the whole room and you jumped out of your skin. You hated being afraid like this, you were an Avenger for godsakes , fear was something you weren't supposed to have. You had always tried to push it aside but the fear always came back to bite you.