Chapter 3

Waking up this time was actual torture. She knew vaguely that it was technically good. That the pain, the sickening feel of her muscles and bones trying to regenerate and knit themselves back together was a good sign. That it meant she was getting stronger. Meant she might actually survive this shit.

But f*ck did it hurt.

She couldn't help the scream that tore out of her throat.

It was beyond words, the pain was unimaginable. Her body was literally at war. Fighting against the invading poison that littered her cells while she was caught in the middle. It was excruciating.

She was panting biting her lip trying to keep the next scream from breaking free. She didn't even care that she was moving, that her twitching limbs were pulling against her restraints cutting and tearing her flesh further. Scraping muscle away from bone creating sickening rivers of blood to flow from her body in thick ribbons.

She felt pressure on her arms. Something was trying to hold her still. Stop her thrashing limbs that were so desperate for any type of escape. Any chance to get away from the pain if only just for a moment. She was too consumed to understand what it was. All she knew was that it was only adding to her torment. The hold was probably in reality only a light and steady pressure but in her state it feel akin to the force of cement bricks crushing her limbs at near bone shattering intensity.

The scream tore out of her. It clawed at her throat. Ripping it open with its violence and force. She was raw and bleeding. Torn and throbbing.

Where was the blackness when she needed it? Why couldn't she fall back into the blissful ignorance of unconsciousness? She was panting again. Her body in so much pain it couldn't even fight anymore, she sagged back against the hard cold metal. Silently begging for death. For any kind of end. Anything that would take it all away.

Her throat stung and burned from her screams. Only pitiful whimpers left her now. She was beyond anything but the pain. It was all she could feel, all she could remember. There was no beginning, no ending, only the incessant, unrelenting, merciless pain.