Epilogue

"I hate you!" Aislinn screamed.

"I know." Kaiden said calmly and gently.

"You need to breathe Aislinn." Ethan said encouragingly.

"I hate you too!" She screamed at the doctor as another contraction ripped through her body.

"It's going to be okay." Kaiden said reaching for her hand. She swatted him away.

"Yeah easy for you to say you aren't the one in this bed with a madman between your legs." Aislinn said shooting a glare at Ethan. Kaiden let out a growl at the reminder, and at the idea that Ethan was somehow possibly hurting her or the baby.

"Oh shut up you over-protective ball of fluff!" Aislinn huffed baring down as another contraction hit her like a wave. "And stay away from me! This is all your fault!" She said pointing an accusing finger in his direction. "You did this! Stupid fudging fate and their stupid annoying mates and their ridiculous good scents, and their-" Her rant of everything she didn't like cut off as another contraction hit.

Kaiden winced, sending a thought towards her Guardians who stood uneasily at the door to her room as they reacted to her anger and pain. The entire pack was on edge, both in eagerness and tension as they waited for news about their beloved Queen and her first born child.

"I know love I'm so sorry. It'll be over soon!" Kaiden said, looking at his mate as she screamed in pain, his wolf going ballistic in his mind, not liking or accepting that they had to just wait and watch as she suffered. 'She's strong. She can do this.' He kept repeating to himself, but it only marginally helped ease his desire to stop the pain for her. As Aislinn was much too eager and happy to point out, his protective and territorial instincts had been kicked into high gear with the announcement of her pregnancy. And he wasn't the only one. If it hadn't been for Aislinn's constant threat to use them as pincushions for her daggers, him, Richard, Austin and the other's would have had her confined to her bed and waited on hand and foot for the entirety of her trying pregnancy.

"That's right just let it out." Ethan said trying to focus the Queen and stop her from lunging from the bed at her mate again.

"Shut up! And if you tell me to breathe again, I swear I'll sick Kaiden on you." Kaiden let out a low growl to accompany her words, still unhappy with the doctor for having his hands on his mate no matter how necessary it may have been. Ethan paled in reaction to the obvious threats, shifting nervously. They all heard his mumbled 'should've just let me die' under his breath.

"I want Kio. And where the hell is Ciera? Ciera is supposed to be here!" Aislinn demanded between panting breaths.

"This is the infirmary a wolf wouldn't really-"

Aislinn cut off Ethan's statement with a single look. The doctor gulped before nodding. As if they had been waiting for her request the door was instantly opened and Leland's head and shoulder was visible for a moment before suddenly Kio was bounding into the infirmary. His eyes going right to her and Aislinn let out a shout of sheer joy. Kaiden lifted the now large and nearly full grown wolf onto the hospital bed even as it seemed ridiculous. However he was completely unable to raise even the slightest objection in the face of the wishes of his mate while she was in labor, or really ever.

He had kept his word. Never standing against her again. Remaining at her side religiously, leaving only when Aislinn ordered him away. Respect and equality became the definition of their bond. Love and devotion the constant. His task every day to make sure she was happy and safe, that those she loved, her pack and everyone she had sworn herself too, were safe and protected.

"Oh Kio!" Aislinn exclaimed wrapping her arms around the wolf in a strangle hold her face pressing into his neck as she burst into tears. Kio simply curled his body around hers, letting her hang onto him as she had countless times over the last ten months as anger, hormones, and emotions, had overwhelmed her.

Kaiden helplessly rubbed circles over his mates back looking at Ethan desperately. He let out a breath of relief and terror as the Doctor suddenly nodded his head and announced that it was time.

.

.

Aislinn cradled the infant against her chest. Kio's large head resting on her lap and helping to support the squirming babe in her arms, his body stretched out beside hers on the narrow bed. Exhaustion and weariness pulled at her but Aislinn resisted the sweet enticing pull of sleep a few moments longer.

"I'm so proud of you." Kaiden said from her bedside. A spot he refused to move from, even to spread the good news. Instead sending Austin to make the announcement to the pack. His eyes moved back and forth from the child she held to her face. Happiness and joy radiating from him. "Have you decided on a name?" He asked gently.

"Yes." She sighed.

Just then the door burst open. Kaiden was out of his chair and growling as Ciera flew into the room. "Am I too late?" She cried out, searching the room until she saw Aislinn sitting up in the bed and well, if not tired looking.

"Ciera you can't-"

"Oh shove off Hulk! Now get your butt in here."

"It isn't proper." He said evenly.

"'It isn't proper'" Ciera mocked him even as she moved closer to the bed her face breaking out in a huge smile as she spotted the pup bundled in soft swaddling blankets in Aislinn's arms. "I missed the birth because of you two morons! Now either get you're a*s in here or shove off." Ciera said softly her voice changing to baby talk, going all gooey as she cooed at the newest and littlest royal.

"Oh goddess Aislinn! Congratulations! I'm so glad you're both okay!" She exclaimed in joy. Aislinn smiled at her and at Hulk who bowed his head at her and then at Kaiden from where he lingered awkwardly in the doorway to the room. Kaiden relaxed from his defensive stance moving back to sit in the chair at her bedside. Gesturing to the other in the room then to Alpha Fide. "Oh and Kady your still alive! Well that's a relief." She said sweetly grinning at her brother as his face twisted at her words.

Aislinn laughed gently sending another apology at her mate through their link, which he quickly brushed off with a 'Love I told you, you don't need to apologize. You gave me-' She could hear the grin and happiness in his voice as he looked at their child, "- a son. You gave me a son, love. I don't care what you said or did so long as you both are happy and healthy." Kaiden leaned over the bed his fingers softly running over the smooth softness of his son's cheek. Pressing a kiss to his son's head his hand moved to cup Aislinn's head gently pulling her into a kiss. Pulling back he looked at her and smiled at the happiness and contentment he felt in his mate. "I Love you little one, always and forever."

"And I love you Kade. Always and forever." She thought back a blissful but tired smile on her face.

Kaiden pecked her once more before refocusing on Ciera who was gushing and fawning over them. "Ciera, I would like to formally introduce you to your nephew." Kaiden said glancing from his sister and down at his son proudly.

"Nephew?" Ciera asked excitedly and Aislinn nodded. "What's his name?"

Aislinn looked at Kaiden who nodded at her. "Rowan. Crown Prince Rowan Tao Nox, of Pack Argentum Sanguinis, Heir to the Throne of Wolves."

.

.

The End