Chapter 8

Kaiden's fist connected with the wall, the sound reverberating through the room. Dust and debris floating to the floor around his feet like snow. The cuts on his knuckles had closed, the bones healing and the bruises fading before it had fully settled.

His voice was low but that didn't stop those in the room from flinching at his words. "You have nothing?" It was a question but it didn't really require an answer. Not when the only one they had was the one he wouldn't like. And especially not, when the first time they had given him the news he had put his fist through a concrete wall.

Austin took a cautious step forward toward his Alpha, his head bowed in submission. "Alpha we haven't given-" That was as far as he got before Kaiden was spinning away from the wall his face murderous, his eyes pitch black a growl ripping from him and silencing his Beta.

"Damn f*cking right you haven't given up. And you won't! You WILL find her and you will find her ALIVE! Do I make myself perfectly clear?" The command was thunderous.

"Yes Alpha." Austin, Blair, Clay and the few others in the command room, in the lowest level of Aislinn's house, murmured.

His anger satisfied for the time being, Kaiden fell heavily into the chair behind the large wooden desk that dominated the space. It had already been replaced twice since Aislinn's sudden disappearance, fallen victims of Kaiden's anger. Numerous lighter plaster spots dotted along the walls around the room, more evidence of the desperate Alpha's fury and wrath.

His elbows rested against the glossy surface, his head bent forward into his hands as his fingers dug into his hair. Inhaling deeply he tried to get a grasp on the last tails of his rage. Fear made this more difficult than it should have been but he knew he needed to stay calm and focused.

"So that rules out all dozen properties?" He clarified without raising his head from his hands. However his voice was calmer and a collective breath of relief went round the room at it.

"Yes those dozen have been eliminated." Austin repeated, flinching at his own words.

"You're positive?"

"Scouts have excluded each individually. Michael confirms their findings."

Kaiden sighed as his eyes closed. His fingers tugged at his hair as he desperately searched for the bond that should have connected him to his mate. However, just like every time he had tried since he had woken up to discover her missing, where she should have been inside his head he could find nothing but emptiness.

Nothing for two f*cking weeks. Not even the smallest hint or feel of her. She was simply gone.

"What next?" His voice was cold and clipped. The struggle to fight the wave of pain and panic that crashed over him every time they failed to find her was getting more difficult every day.

"Michael has a few more ideas, he thinks we need to go to the offshore accounts. Track down any properties owned through the subsidiaries and holding companies. Specifically targeting those held in joint venture with any council members. They are harder to track down but are potentially more promising." Austin's tone belied his words, his skepticism was clear and blatant. He didn't think they'd find anything but refused to admit or acknowledge that they had nothing else to go on. Kaiden didn't comment on it, instead nodding at his Beta before turning to where Richard stood frowning.

Dark purple circles and unwavering black eyes met. "I'm headed back to Bellator"

"Do you think that's wise? Every time you go back there you increase the chances of the patrols finding a trail." Clay spoke up, his words were devoid of their normal animosity instead only holding honest concern.