Chapter 21

"Morons! Complete moronic idiots!" Ciera raged as they walked. "What the hell were they thinking!?"

Richard, Austin and Olivia, along with her three other guardians and the handful of warrior wolves Kaiden had assigned and left behind as her new protective detail, walked around them. Austin and Richard flanking her on either side, their eyes constantly flicking in her direction. She rolled her eyes at them. She was still annoyed that all these new wolves knew who she was. It took a good five minutes to get them to stand up and stop swearing loyalties to her. They still kept sneaking glances at her. Her three guardians were openly staring at her. She felt like an exhibit at the zoo.

"You had to tell them I assume?" Aislinn asked, a hint of sarcasm the only emotion in her voice.

"For your safety they needed to know who you are. Besides it isn't exactly a secret anymore." Richard replied.

"No thanks to you Richard." She snapped

"Princess this isn't really the time or place, we need to get you back to camp." Richard said ignoring Ciera who was still complaining and ranting on about her brother.

"I told you I'm not going back there." Aislinn said without turning.

"They just left us behind, again!" Ciera said, glaring at Austin when we told her to drop it. "Honestly what was he thinking?! Going to Hiems! Do you know what he was thinking?" She asked stopping to look at her. When Aislinn just stared back blankly, Ciera turned and started walking again picking up her ranting where she had left off. "Of course you don't! Because moron number two and number three here are suddenly mute!"

Richard and Austin refused to tell them anything except that Kaiden, Alpha Vance and Alpha Maleco had left at dawn. No matter how they had argued or threatened they had stayed quiet about the whole thing. From what Aislinn could gather, her mate had left only the non-fighting wolves, her guardians and a light guard for the camp behind. The rest he had brought with him to Pack Hiems.

"Where are you taking us Luna?" Oliva asked from where she walked a few paces ahead.

Aislinn let out a reluctant breath before speaking. "Back to the house. Richard you can have one of the wolves go back for the others left at the camp and bring them up. They can stay in one of the other outer buildings."

"House?!" Ciera's voice shrieked echoing their collective astonishment and shock.

Aislinn looked around at all of them her face blank. "I told you I had bought and built a number of properties. Did you think I would have neglected my homeland?"

"You said you swore you would never return here." Austin said.

Turning she met his curious look with her hard one. "I also swore I would never have a mate, nor a pack, nor reveal myself. Things change. I was not naïve enough to think it wouldn't come to this in some variety."

"You thought you'd end up here?" Ciera asked, horror evident on her face.

Aislinn almost felt herself crack a smile but pushed it down. "Here? No. I never thought I would end up here." She said looking around pointedly at her 'guard', watching as a number of them flinched under her words and gaze. "But did I consider that things might have gotten out of control enough that I would need a safe house that no one would expect? Yes."

Satisfied that the conversation was over Aislinn resumed their trek, leading them back to the house that sat just two miles from where her parents own pack house had stood.

Breaking through the tree line, they all took in the sight. The house was very similar to her house in Montana except more. It was bigger, grander, and where the house in Montana had tried to become part of the surrounding beauty this one accomplished it, the sweeping beauty of the North crystalizing its own design. The walls of glass reflected the mountains in the distance and the untouched wilderness of the plains, tundra and forests. Stone and wood seamlessly meshing and melding the house into the terrain, linking it to the very earth itself. The architecture was all clean lines and modern designs, but it had been perfected and refined until it felt like the house belonged there. As though it had stood there forever.