Chapter 32

"Oh goddess!" Ciera's high-pitched voice was unmistakable as she elbowed her way through the wolves who now stood protectively around the Alpha pair. "Hulk!" She screeched, the larger dark grey wolf wincing even as he turned to look at her questioning. "Can you like trot off and hunt down my brother some pants? It's getting kinda creepy up in here!" She faked a shudder, then grimaced when she accidently glanced in Kaiden and Aislinn's direction, getting an eyeful of the pair who were still standing twined together. Aislinn's head resting comfortably on his broad chest as his hands stroked over her back.

The Alpha wolf snorted at Ciera, but then a smaller wolf broke from the pack, and was rushing away from the group. They stood in silence, no one ready to talk. After a few minutes a man returned, running up to the group of Alpha's with two huge duffle bags in his grasp.

It was a few awkward moments while everyone shifted and tried to get at least halfway decently clothed. When Kaiden almost ripped Vance's head off for shifting in front of her, Aislinn conceded to waiting out the last few minutes with her face pressed into her mate's still naked chest. It wasn't that much of a concession for her part seeing as her newly re-found and free wolf was desperate to reconnect with her mate. Craving his scent and touch after their days separated and apart.

"Finally! You like burned my eyes!" Ciera said, "Honestly Ais, I don't know how you deal with him all..." Her words trailed off as she gestured to her brother, her hand waving over him in general a look of revulsion on her face.

"Ciera you really shouldn't be talking like that now." Kaiden said unaffected by her digs.

Her hands went to her hips, "And why the heck not?! What you think just because you're King I have to bow and scrape at your feet like the rest of these idiots? Ha!"

Aislinn could feel as Kaiden grinned, amusement dancing through the bond.

"No it isn't that Ciera-" Richard was quickly cut off.

"Ciera the what?" She asked spinning on her heel, her gaze now shifting between both men.

"Seriously? Still?" Richard asked her, looking completely exasperated. Letting out a long sigh, his head dropped and Aislinn heard as he slowly counted to ten in an attempt to reign in his temper. Ciera remained silent and watching him, expectant and stubborn.

"Ciera-"

"Shut it Hulk, I don't have time for your logic or reason right now!" She barked without looking at the Oblitus Alpha.

"Ciera-"

"Not now Kaiden."

"Ciera."

"I said not now!"

"CIERA!" Aislinn's roar cut through the squabbling and competing voices. Ciera turned questioningly to look at her "What!?"

"I just wanted to congratulate you." Aislinn said. She could feel as Kaiden shook with silent laughter against her back, jabbing her elbow back and into his ribs to try and get him to stop. Of course that only made it worse, his chest rumbling until he couldn't hold it back anymore. Clay and Austin weren't doing any better, failing miserably at holding off their own laughter. Within a few moments all of them were dissolving into fits of booming laughter as they took in Ciera's confused face.

"Congratulate me on what? And what the hell is wrong with him?" She asked looking at Kaiden who had nearly doubled over he was laughing so hard. "Did you break him or something?"

Aislinn smiled lightly, her eyes sparkling in amusement. "You know, now that you're an Alpha you're going to have to work on your public relations skills. Not to mention your powers of peaceful negotiation, not to imply that you don't know how to get what you want. It's just, I don't want to be having to stop a full-scale pack war every time someone insults or irritates you."