Chapter 17

Aislinn woke up in a moving SUV. The sun was blinding even with the dark tinted windows and she had to blink a few times before she was able to focus enough to make out her surroundings. Her head felt thick and fuzzy, her mouth filled with cotton balls. Her thoughts were sluggish as she tried to piece together what had happened. Flinching she moved her head side to side. Ciera was sitting on her right, her head leaning against the window, eyes closed her breathing even and low. Turning her head she was surprised to find Ethan sitting on her other side. He was awake, but he was watching her with a strange expression on his face. He seemed nervous, almost as if he was scared of her.

Aislinn rifled through her memories. She remembered waking up in Kaiden's arms, they went down to the cells to find Richard. Ciera had told them about what she had found out from the Bellator Luna and the accusation of treason against her. Then there had been the most extraordinary night of her life in her mate's arms. Just the thought of his body and lips on hers had her own humming in response, heat flooding her.

What happened after that? She pushed through the cloud of fog.

Something about Pack Silva...

And then it hit her.

Talk about going from calm to livid in 2.7 seconds flat.

She whipped back around to look at the doctor at her side. Taking in her outrage, he paled. The color draining from his face. Lunging across the seat she threw herself at him seeing red. Before she could cause any bodily harm, her attack was cut short. Letting out a growl she looked down to find silver cuffs locked around each of her wrists.

Her commotion was enough to rouse Ciera from her slumber. Her groggy voice filling the silence as Aislinn glared at Ethan who had raised his hands in surrender, his body pressing away from her as far as possible. Smart decision on his part. Aislinn's next plan was to try and reach him with her teeth. She was not in a pleasant mood. "Seriously what does everyone around here have against sleep?" Ciera asked in-between loud yawns.

Stretching out her stiff muscles, her joints and bones popping loudly, she turned enough to finally notice Aislinn. Joy breaking over her face as she shrieked. Making them all of them cringe. "Oh thank god! You're alive!"

A humph sounded from the Passenger seat. From the spike of hatred that filled her upon hearing it, Aislinn recognized it as coming from her former Guardian. Austin's exasperated tone came from the driver's side "I told you a thousand times! We didn't kill her! Honestly Ciera. Why would we be trying to kill her? We're on her side."

"Yeah and I'd believe you dogs why?" Ciera retorted disdainfully. Throwing angry glares at the backs of both of their heads.

Aislinn was quickly recalling why she liked this girl so much.

"I've missed you! I'm so happy we're together again!" Ciera exclaimed cheerily pulling her into a hug. Ignoring the fact that her hands were currently trapped between her knees and bolted to the floor.

Pulling back Aislinn gave her a skeptical look.

"Well okay the circumstances suck and the company is awful, but at least we can hang out again!" Ciera babbled. A goofy grin on her face. Leave it to her to be able to find a silver lining in being drugged and kidnapped by their own pack. Aislinn rolled her eyes.

"Hey that hurts, we aren't that bad." Austin grumbled.

"You drugged us and then locked us in an SUV. After kidnapping us." Ciera deadpanned without bothering to look at him.

"That was Alpha's orders. What did you want us to do Cee?" Austin argued his eyes glancing at them through the rearview mirror. Grimacing when he met the deadly stares coming from the back seat.