Chapter 33

Two weeks later Aislinn was standing at the windows in her home in Silverblood territory, or well their home, on the Royal Pack lands. She smiled at that thought. Leaning back as Kaiden wound his arms around her. Resting her head against his chest, enjoying the feel of his heart beating against her back.

"What are you thinking about little mate?" He asked softly, his breath stirring her hair as his face nuzzled into her neck.

"That day." She said.

"You were breathtaking."

She laughed, "Admit it, you thought about throttling me." She said lightly, letting her head fall to the side and giving him more access.

"Never." He murmured against her skin.

"Ha." She said rolling her eyes.

His voice grew serious "You know how sorry I am right love?"

Aislinn sighed, her head falling back further to lie securely on his shoulder, her hand reaching up to cup his cheek, his rough stubble tickling her palm. "Yes mate, just like I told you the hundred other times you've already told me."

"I will never stop apologizing. Never stop trying to make it up to you." Kaiden said his voice turning deliciously warm and seductive at the end.

Aislinn laughed as his hands moved up her sides.

"I want to see it." Kaiden said lowly, desire deepening his voice.

"Kaiden it's still there I promise." Aislinn said, even though she knew her words would never be enough to reassure him or his wolf. Pulling her hair away from her neck and out of his way, she secretly smiled to herself as Kaiden exposed her shoulder. She felt as his finger traced over the mark that once more rested permanently on her skin. A shudder going through her at the light touch as his fingers brushed over his mark sending delicious shocks of pleasure and desire ripping through her.

The mark along with her scent had returned when she had snapped the chains and blocks that Richard had shoved between her and her wolf. The blazing pain in her shoulder as she had taken the oath of the crown, claiming the throne for herself had been enough to prove to her that she was once more a claimed and mated wolf, however Kaiden still insisted upon seeing his mark whenever they were alone. He told her that the shock and fear when he had seen that it had disappeared from her skin was something he and his wolf would probably never get over and definitely would never forget. It had nearly shattered them. Only the promise he had made to her, to seek the revenge she desired, had kept him going in those few hours when he had thought he had lost her forever.

Of course none of what had followed would have been possible if not for the others. Aislinn took a moment to let her mind stretch out. Touching the minds of her pack, now three times as large as when they had set out from Montana, their numbers swelled by those who had come to her aid.

Only a few of the hundreds that had come to stand at her side had refused the offer to join the Royal pack in the wake of the war with the council. Those who stayed were now flourishing, it would of course take time, but Aislinn was confident that eventually the scars and pains of the past would be healed. She let her mind touch each and every one of them, man, women and child, soothing, comforting and letting each feel a piece of her love and gratitude, the bonds between them lighting up with contentment.

Next she sought out Ciera, smiling as she felt her sister's fury at her loyally stubborn mate. A feather light touch to Kaiden's brothers who were floors below with Austin and Clay training with some of the other orphaned children. Lily in Pack Tenebris, who was in a heated standoff with Alpha Maleco about her plan to re-integrate into the community, the girl was a force to be reckoned with, and was easily wearing the battle scarred Alpha down to her thinking. Aislinn smiled, her amusement echoed by Beta Liesel who was watching the drama bemused and entertained.