1: Sean

New York is such a vibrant city, full of vibrant people.  From those eccentric broadway people to the clean cut, suit and tie professional executives, only can be found in New York. But for rich boy, Sean Clyde, being who you want to be is a luxury he can never have. He's next in line for being a partner in the family's law firm, Clyde and Associates. His father, Aston Clyde is a successful lawyer, and so was his father and his father before that. Sean has spent his last two years in a private high school, where all the snobs and obnoxious people are and not to mention very competitive. They are nothing like Robert or Mitchell, although Mitchell would love to enroll in this school. These are his kind of people! Sean still keeps in touch with them, and the both of them often come and visit during the holidays or in the summer. 

To be clear, he enjoys being in New York City.  It's a city full of opportunities and  it's the city that never sleeps. He went to his schoolmates extravagant sweet 16's, drive around the city with his new Mustang and even enjoy a fling or two. But sometimes when he's alone or in the midst of a loud yacht party, he misses the warmth and friendly Lansing. He misses the friendliness of every single person there, and the tranquility of walking in the park and just enjoy the cold air. Most of all, he misses Gianna. He thinks of her from time to time, just wondering what she's doing and how did her beauty grows throughout the years, if it is even possible to be more beautiful than she was back in that hallway of Lansing High. The last thing he heard about Gianna from Robert was, she has been hanging out with the wrong crowd. That information did strike a concern in Sean and he just hope that she was safe. In fact, he wants to make sure that she's safe but to the best of his knowledge, Sean never existed in Gianna's life. 

The one good thing came out from his move to New York is he found something that he's good at which is carpentry. He fell in love with carpentry when he took wood-shop during his school years.  He would make pencil holders, little wood statues and even picture frames. He never knew that he would like it cause back in Lansing, he always hated the loud noise from the wood-cutter or from the saw whenever his grandfather did some carpentry in the shed. But now, when he's grown tired of the city noise, he will go to his garage and started creating beautiful furniture or just a little figurine. His mother, Dede Clyde adores his creations. Sean made a smooth 4-legged chair once, and now that chair is in the kitchen by the counter. Dede even hanged Sean's key holder that is in a shape of big C where hooks are hooked around the C. His father thoughts on Sean's carpentry interests are not even in his concern. 

Downstairs in the garage,  Sean is busy cutting wood and  preparing the right measurements for his next creation, Maria, the housekeeper started screaming his name by the door. He obviously couldn't hear her cause he is wearing this giant headphones, so she screams louder and when she goes to the top of her lungs calling him out, he slowly turns and takes off the headphones. 

"Oh hi, Maria. Didn't see you there, were you calling out for me?", he asked and Maria just widened his eyes in disbelief. "Senor Sean, your father is calling for you upstairs". 

Sean nod his head and takes off his utility belt and wiped his hands on his white t-shirt, and as he passes Maria, Maria hit his arm, "wash your hands first, senor! I can smell wood from here". Maria has been their housekeepers since the day they moved to New York and Sean has already considers Maria like her aunt cause Maria's friendliness and kindness reminds him a little of where he was once at. Sean smirks cheekily and walked closer to Maria and he raised his arms as if he was an attacking monster, "wipe that smirk out of your face, I don't only smell wood, I smell sweat too! Now go and see your father, dios mio! Boys these days", she pushes him and walks away, leaving Sean laughing to himself. "Thank you, Maria!", he shouts and continue walking to his father's study. 

He enters and sees his dad going through some papers, "you asked for me?", he voices out. As soon as his father looks at him, he put his papers down on the table and sit on his chair behind his desk. 

"Sean, I've talked to a friend of mine who was once worked in the law faculty in Princeton, and since you're still waiting for the offer letter, he get to push your application forward and got you accepted", he told Sean but Sean doesn't seem excited about it,he didn't even smile, "that's great dad. If that is all, I'm gonna go and take a shower". 

"That's not all son", Sean stands still right in front of his father's desk and folded his arms, waiting for the extra news. "After telling him how a great student you are, he saved you a spot in the Freshman Program!", Sean's jaw hang wide open, "WHAT?!". 

Ignoring his son's reaction, he continued, "so you're gonna go to Princeton next week and start early, ahead of the others", his father smiles proudly but Sean is contemplating whether his father is proud of him or himself. 

"Dad, I do not want to spend my summer studying! Give me a break, why don't you?! ", Sean starts shouting. 

His father shoot up from his seat, "This is a golden opportunity for you, Sean. You could go and be the best of the best and that will bring massive profit to the law firm that you're gonna run in years to come. You did have great results on your SAT's.", his father explain but Sean is not convinced at all. 

"So does hundreds of people, dad! Why do you have to take advantage of your position, anyways? I don't understand that! Why can't you let me strive by my own, without your help or your friends? You are ripping others from their opportunity!", Sean speaks out. His father scoffed, "Is it so bad that I use my position for good, giving you the opportunity of making something out of yourself! Rather than spending hours and hours down in the garage making wood dolls!". 

"I didn't even want this bloody freshman's program, and heck! I didn't even want to do law! This is what you want, dad. Not me!", Sean raises his arms in frustration. 

"We've talked about this before Sean, our family....", before Aston Clyde could finish, Sean cut him off. "Yeah yeah, our family has had lawyers for generations and it is our responsibility to run the family law firm. Well too bad, I thought being a family is all about love and support", he look his dad in the eye and walk out from his father's study. As he walk up the stairs, he walks pass his mother and she asks, "Sean, something wrong dear?". 

Without looking at his mother, he walks to his room and says, "yeah, your husband is fucking unreasonable". 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Finally updated, woo! And new cover, wooh! It's a better cover right? Tell me what you think, about the cover and this story, gosh so much intensity in the beginning. What have I become? :O hahaha. Please comment and vote, this is teenfic, and not a fanfic! But if you have any ideas who could be Sean, I'll consider cast him as Sean in this teenfic..;)

Hope you enjoy reading this, thanks again! :D