16:"I see that she was hurting inside"

Gianna walks in to the burger joint and sits at the furthest booth by the kitchen, and the kitchen door flings open, the owner of the joint almost drops the bottles of ketchup he has in his hand. "Hi, Harold. You got a minute?", she asks, tilting her head to the side. Harold starts to stutter, "y-y-yes, let me p-put these first". He walks pass the booth and place the ketchup on different tables and went back to Gianna's booth, "you want anything t-today, Ms. Gerez? Al, you want the usual? On the house". "I hear you do that often, Harold. You see, the point of having a business is to have someone pay for your goods and services", she calmly speaks as she leaves a shivering effect on Harold. "Of course, but you're my honored guests t-today. How could I not give the best service I can?". 

Gianna clasps her hand and place it on the table, and Al mouths sorry to Harold and he widens his eyes in fear, "you see, Harold. I have a certain dislike for ass-kissers. I hope you mind my language, by the way",she says and Harold replies, "of c-course, not a problem at all". "Good, so if you don't mind me asking, Harold, if you could afford paying for your customers, of course you could pay us the protection fee as per agreed, right?". 

Harold starts to shake, "y-yes, Ms. Gerez but things have been tough around here.  Businesses has its ups and downs and I h-have paid before this, on the clock, never missed them but these past few months, food prices are going up, n-not to mention gas and customers would not like a smaller burger or a higher price for the same size of burger, so I've got to prioritize some expenses..", before Harold could finish, Gianna stands up, grabs him by the apron, drags him into the kitchen and twist his arms behind him, "prioritize? Is our protection fee a joke to you?", she looks at Al standing by the kitchen door, "I tried to be civil, Al but he's not taking us seriously". Al calmly responds, "no problem boss. Everyone is just a little shook out here but they seem calm".

Gianna smiles, "that's good but Harold seems to forgot how the protection fee works. Al, why don't you show what will happen if his shop is not under protection?". Al pulls a confused look and points to himself, "please, don't. I beg you..I'll pay..I'll pay. I just need a little time to gather this month's fee..", Harold begs. "This month?", Gianna chuckles, "you have not paid for a fine 3 months, Harold. Do you know that? So, you owe us that much and as long as you take the time to clear off your un-prioritized debt, better expect more visitors coming through", she whispers in his ears as he whimpers. She lets him go and walk towards the kitchen door, "what the hell are you waiting for, Al?! Tear this place up!", she commands. 

He starts to picks up a chair and throw it across the joint, screams and yelps are heard. Gianna slides her hand on the counter and drop every glass there and Al continues to make a mess out of the place. He squirts the ketchup and mustard all over the booth while standing on it. "Al, please stop, I'm sorry, please..please don't do this. There's kids", he begs. "Kids, huh?", Gianna walks towards a table  of a little girl and her family, "are you scared?", she asks. "Don't touch her, or i'll call the police!", the mother threatens. Gianna pulls her head back and laugh, "you've got to be fucking kidding me! The police? I dare you to try, ma'am!", she reverts her eyes back to the little girl as she was crying, "oh don't cry, you've got to learn how the real world works someday, right?", Gianna flips the table, causing the mother to quickly grab her daughter and get out of there. Al is still following her orders and flips all the tables there, "see what happens when you don't pay the protection fee, Harold? And this is only Al's doing. Next time, it won't be Al and there would not only be one", she tells him. "Let's go", she commands Al and Al drops the table he was about to throw and follow behind her. As the both of them walk towards the door, a couple of people walk in and Gianna freezes, and so did he. Sean looks the destruction that she made and revert his sight back to her and she can feel his disappointment looming on her. She looks at him, knowing they he would not understand and the sooner he realizes who she truly is, the better. She feels relieved that he walks in on the right time as now he has a reason to not pursue her anymore, if he ever plans for it. She looks away from his eyes and walk pass by him, as if they were strangers and leave the scene. 

"Harold..", Rob points out to the owner of joint, with his knees on the floor. He goes to him and helps him up, "I did not p-pay..", Harold tries to explain. "It's fine, Harold. You do not have to explain yourself. We'll help you clean up, right Sean?". Robs shoots his eyes at Sean and he does not budge, he just stands there, bewildered. 

"Sean!", Rob calls out and he steps out of his chains of questions in his mind. "Yeah?", he replies. "let's help Harold out, yeah?", Rob repeats himself and Sean agrees, "of course". He starts to pick the tables and chairs up, and put them in place. Rob brings Harold to a booth and let him sit down, hoping that he calms his nerves. "It's okay, Harold. We'll take care of this alright?", Rob tells him and starts picking up the ketchup and mustard bottles and when he lend a hand with the thrown tables with Sean, he expresses his concern, "are you okay, man?"

Sean nods his head, "I think so", he picks one of the question playing in his mind to ask Rob, "why did she do this?". "Cause it's her job, man. This is what gangs do", he points out. Sean understands but still feels dissatisfied, "but she wasn't this violent when I talked to her the other day? I mean, she was a bit because I bumped into her, but anyone would get upset..". "Would anyone do this?", Rob asks back. Sean pulls a disappointing look, "maybe she has her reasons". 

"Are you seriously backing her up?", Rob points out. "She rejected you, and now you get to see what she does, close & personal and you still think she's the same girl you had a crush on two years ago? I'm telling you man, she's bad news", he continues. 

"You didn't see what I see, Rob", Sean turns his back from Rob. "What is it that I do not see? What is not perfectly clear?", Rob questions. Sean picks up the shattered glass from the floor, "I see that she was hurting inside". 

-------------------------------------------------------------