The Entrance

Dedicated to @crazy_midgardian for suggesting a chapter for long duration entrances in dramas.

The sky is still streaked with pink after the sunrise. A flock of birds fly away from their roosts in search of food. It is morning in the xyz household. Random people cross the road in front of the house.

A lady in a grand saree begins the puja (prayer). She hands over the puja thaali (plate) to the rest of the family members. (all of their faces are zoomed with extra clarity).

Suddenly an aunty enquires, "Where is Priya?" Some kid replies, "Priya didi (sister) went to the terrace for painting."
The lady goes to the terrace in search of her.

We see a beautiful painting of the sunrise. There is ink splattered all over. Her shawl and hair flutters with the breeze. "How is it, mother?" Her pink perfectly shaped lips are focused. Then the perfectly arched eyebrows and light brown eyes come into view. Screen freezes.

Reporters and paparazzi are swarming the place. The whole area is abuzz with the whispers of crowd. Someone shouts and points to the sky,"Look Rahul Kapoor is here." A distant hum of a chopper can be heard now and soon enough it lands on the helicopter pad.

An expensive brand new black shoes alight the chopper. The camera moves up the shoes and we can finally make out a figure in a black suit. Rahul seems to be busy in a phone call.
We see his face with well defined features when he takes off his sunglasses and looks over to the crowd. He stomps away arrogantly giving curt replies to the reporters' questions.

Back to the terrace. Priya is busy giving final touches to her painting, her back turned towards us. The lady (her mom) replies, " Its great!!! Now come down to eat some breakfast."
" Okay Ma, I am coming." She says and turns to face us.
We get a wonderful view of her earrings, anklets, hair.. And every other feature one could think of.. But not her face.

*End of episode*

What? You didn't understand a single thing? Why, I just described the entry of the characters in Indian dramas. Sometimes they waste a whole episode and not even showing the face of the protagonists. Huh! As if we don't know who the main characters are. The same goes for new entries and mysterious villians (although that is fine, since we can keep guessing their identity).

I kind of like some entries. Mostly if its not that time consuming, not annoying and original.

The type of entrance is not cliche but the duration of the grand entrance sure is. Why can't they just get on with the story without wasting the entire
episode on a simple entry?

Well, I can't change anything but rant on and on about these endless dramas.
Good Day/Night
Nothinga