23. Too Good To Be True

The characters in Indian serials have got a big problem. If they are on the 'good' side, they can be expected to be be the epitome of goodness. Especially the lead heroines are irritatingly sweet. Bless you, they have never even breathed the scent of sins. One thing you can be sure of, that Shruthi is ALWAYS right. No matter what.

But some of these Ms/Mr. Goody shoes can never recognize a conman in their own house until the fact is slapped on to their faces. The villian keeps mounting his/her evil plots but they, they would be living happily unaware of all this screw up.

The male lead: The cocky rude egoistic narcissistic but charming and handsome man. Typical bad boy who cares for his family but hates the female lead's guts, only to gradually fall in love with her.

The female lead: The optimistic cheerful honest lady. Mostly she dresses traditionally and holds on to her values. In many dramas she is the 'independent' woman who is forcibly married and quits her job after marriage.

The couple faces insurmountable obstacles put forward by the villain which is never completely resolved until every ounce of patience is stripped out of you. WARNING: The naivety of the characters may make you scream at the screen in front of you, hopelessly trying to knock some sense into them.

Sometimes I admire the villain. Yeah, you read that right. At least they manage to do their shit right under the noses of Mr. I-am-smart-and-cool and Ms. Sati-Savitri. Also, their plans are always successful. Unless it involves killing off the main leads. In which case they are successful only if the actor quit the show, still ever ready to revived with the most ridiculous of explanations.

Just like the good girl is always the poster girl moral behaviour, everything the bad guy does is evil. He does not even poop without plotting something against the good side. See that. It's called commitment. Another thing to be admired. As a villain, you get to enjoy a life without crying every other day in the dramaland, because after a point, that's all the lead's life becomes.

So, in conclusion, it's better to be a villain in dramaland until the penultimate episode. Then hope for a redemption arc so that you don't pay for your 'sins' and become the 'good' person *wink*.

A/N
Wow! This chapter feels weird. By the way, I am talking about dramaland; not real life. Do NOT become a villain in real life. I REPEAT. DO NOT. Unlike dramaland, people are much smarter in real life.😝
Enough rambling

As always, do vote if you like it or comment if you don't. Ha. I trapped you. You HAVE to react now. (If you want to)

Ok bye